Sign in to follow this  
geezerman

FPS Limiter

Hi guys,

I am trying to get the external limiter FPS_limiter_0.2 working with P3D. I have the academic license and been running for a bout 10 days now.

I went through the tweaks using Bojotes setup.

The updates woked great, the only exception being FPS limiter. I get to the point were you are supposed to create the bat. file and it stops there. Can any one that has used this program tell me what exe. file they used to get the new bat file . I get the Prepar3d exe showing in the gui part of the software but it shows in "light" grey and the program stops runing at this point.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated. Incidently the other addons that I have downloaded have gone in and are running well.

Thanks

David

Use the internal Frame Rate limiter! I find it works as well if not better as an external limiter and far less hassle..

Yeah - there seems to be absolutely no benefit to using an external limiter in preference to the internal one with P3D...or even in FSX these days!

If you have an NVIDIA card, you can apply Word Not Allowed's V-Sync and other tweaks (in place of using the Bojote stuff) to P3D in the same way as you would for FSX in order to get a wonderfully smooth experience.

Thanks for the prompt responses. I'll look through Koastas tweaks . I have the Nvida GTX 360 so the gpu tweaks will also be applicable. One of the things mentioned is windowed or full screen modes. I have been brought up with windowed mode but will try Full screen.

Regarding the system, I feel that P3D is inherently "smoother than FSX which is one of the reasons I changed over.

Thanks again.

Dave