Sign in to follow this  
zfehr

Prepar3d totally default visuals

Took the default Prepar3d (nee FSX) Baron out for a little flight today. PilotEdge will work with just a couple of edits, Active Sky also sent updated weather (Prepar3d does not have a built in real time weather engine that I am aware of... yet).

PilotEdge log

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Cracking shots!!

Now THIS is how FSX should look out of the box!

If I may have you done any modifications to the "FSX.CFG"? If not I'm going to pick this up ASAP!!

Emil

qwsig_Emil02-1.gif

Does it come with a better mesh than FSX?

Nice.

nebojsa

With all due respect to you, and I mean no harm, but only a differing point of view.

IMHO (repeat IMHO) your visuals are no better than those from default FSX. If the others truly believe these are "cracking" and "Great shots" they are those who admired the emperors new clothes. I have heard so much good about P3D but I have to tell you here, those that think so are merely victims of the "if its new it has to be better" syndrome. Thanks but I'll stick with my well tricked out FSX and the add-ons I have selected.

Again, I mean you no harm, just another opinion.

This is a default install of P3d without any mods outside of what the default program will do to the cfg file. I am running Active Sky in the background for weather generation but those are the stock P3d clouds, sky and ground textures and autogen. There are many things I like better than FSX SP2 out of the box but that should not come as a surprise with FSX being a 6 year old program. So far my biggest disappointment with P3d is lack of compatibility with Track IR and from what I've read it's a pissing match between LM and NaturalPoint with each company having "their own way" of doing things so the other company has to conform to their SDK... REALLY, when this kind of ego crap gets started nobody wins!

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

So P3D doesn't work with trackir at all? Or is it just buggy?

Fantastic shots!!

Adam

HP Omen Obelisk Gaming Computer, Intel Core i7-9700, Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 System Memory 4.7GHz 8 cores, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Super Graphics with 8GB GDDR6 memory, PSU 750 watts, 1TB hard drive, Samsung T7 2TB SSD, 512 GB SSD, WD 5TB HDD,  Logitech HOTAS X52 Pro Joystick, AOC 27" monitor,