Sign in to follow this  
Oli

Off schedule descent

Hi,

I have a question regarding the off schedule descent:

I did a test flight doing the following:

Pressurization flight level set to 18000

I flew to 10000, leveled off and then went down to 9000

As planned, Off schedule descent illuminated.

I then set the Flight level to 9000 in the pressurization panel, everything went back to normal

I then climbled again to 18000, set the FL in the pressurization level to 18000 and then, the pressure differential gauge started to climb to the yellow mark.

From the link below, it seems that the plane should relalculate the pressurization when doint such a change - from this, it seems that it did not, and kept the pressurization profile that is automatically calculated in an off schedule situation, that is to say Departure airport minus 300 feet.

http://www.pprune.or...p/t-426675.html

Whould someone have an idea on this (maybe I did something wrong or misunderstood something)

happy flying,

Olivier

Hi,

This for your answer - I thought the needle was getting too close to the yellow zone.

I tried again and everything was fine.

Happy flying,

Olivier

The pressurization system will calculate different climb profiles if crz altitude is low or high. fl180 is pretty low, the controller should set the pressurization to the destination altitude.

I must check the values but I'm pretty sure it will climb if you set for example fl200 or more.

Regards

Andrea Daviero