Sign in to follow this  
Taipan

Ultimate traffic 2 settings

Just purchased UT2 and read the manual, installed it etc.

However it doesn't say what to set for traffic settings WITHIN FSX.

Should we set them to 0 or 100?

thanks

When you install UT2 it should have renamed the default traffic file which disables the default traffic so the slider setting does not matter.

Jim Wenham

As Jim Said. UT2 uses database format, not BGL,but through simconnect. Sliders in fsx have no effect. One of my pet hates with UT2 is, if you access the fsx menu, UT2 resets. So if you see that, it is not a bug.

BTW, for those who like the latest schedule updates, Summer 2012 was released today. available @ the F1 Store.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Is that the Settings popup menu that resets it?

Or the pulldown menu too? Need to access the kneeboard sometimes...

I only just purchased Winter arghh, oh well only $6

Pull down menu as well. I only found the news about the sched update by accident. Instead of posting it in the Sched updates section of the Ut2 Forum, it was buried in the support section. So most don't know it has been released.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Is that the Settings popup menu that resets it?

Or the pulldown menu too? Need to access the kneeboard sometimes...

I only just purchased Winter arghh, oh well only $6

The kneeboard does not reset traffic, but any menu item that takes focus away from main window does, such as Map, Weather, Settings, etc.

Does the Summer 2012 update contain new liveries for the merged airlines like Continental-United and Delta-NorthWest and other updates? If not, is that available somewhere?

Kind regards,

Not had a peek yet Stephen, at the new Scheds, but I am assuming that the liveries will still be the old ones. I use MTX 5.4A with UT2 as it gives me all the cargo and airlines that UT2 does not, and works well together. MTX does have the merger liveries.

Does the Summer 2012 update contain new liveries for the merged airlines like Continental-United and Delta-NorthWest and other updates? If not, is that available somewhere?

Kind regards,

The schedule updates only update the schedules not the models or paints. It may contain the schedule for those flights but cant confirm it as I have not purchased the schedule yet.

Jim Wenham

Thanks Jullian.

I hope there is a solution other that having to buy another FSX traffic program. Is there a way within UT2 to swap for new liveries of the merged airlines?

Does anyone know?

Kind regards,

If you install the new repaints or already have them installed, open UT2 and go into Aircraft Repaints (sort them by airline) and under the weekly schedule lookup the airlines and swap in or out whatever plane you wish.

Anthony Cacciatore

Hi Anthony,

Where would I find those kinds of appropriate repaints for UT2?

Kind regards,

Hi Anthony,

Where would I find those kinds of appropriate repaints for UT2?

Kind regards,

Hi Stephen,

One thing I did is d/l the latest WOA Delta package (June 2011) and extract it for a manual install. It has all of the former NW equipment repainted with Delta livery. Moved the repaints to the Simobjects/Airplanes folder and assigned them. Works really good.

Hope this helps.

Gerald

EAA #: 1317747

i7 8700K 6-Core 3.7GHz (4.5GHz); ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I Gaming ; RTX 2070 Super Turbo 8GB; 32GB G.Skill TridentZ 3000MHz; 250GB Samsung 960 Evo PCIe NVMe M.2; 2x 500GB Samsung 850 Evo Series SSD; 1TB WD Black HDD; Win10 Pro 64; P3D 4.5

You can use any of the aircraft available at AVSIM with UT2 - AIA, TFS, AIG... Just install the model and repaints. An easy way to do this is auto install a WofAI package and then assign the aircraft to UT2 flightplans using the method listed above. Delete the traffic .bgl that is associated with the WofAI package.

Typically, UT2 schedule updates only contain schedules - not repaints. Still, every single Unites/Continental livery is available at AVSIM so adding them is a piece of cake.

A word of caution on the schedule updates - check the list of airlines against the airlines offered in your current schedules. UT2 uses schedules that are purchased and sometimes airlines do not submit updated schedules. If you don't submit a schedule, they will not be in the update. I know JetBlue, Ryanair and others have been missing in the past.

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad