Sign in to follow this  
EGLL77W

TO/GA Switches

Now, this is something I've been wondering about greatly. If you don't know where the TOGA Switches are then look here:

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

For me, they look some what harder to get to, than the 737 at least that are on the side. Something PSS did if I remember correctly was, if you push the throttles further than (don't quote me) 60% or so it activated TOGA. I mention PSS as I know some of their 777 team works for PMDG now. Are you doing something similar or in the sim sitting sideways, is it easier to press them?

Cheers

In their 744 v1 (not the speed), you press the screw in the top left of the MCP. In the NGX you press that blank spot on the MCP. Or set a command. I'm sure they'll do something like this again.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Now, this is something I've been wondering about greatly. If you don't know where the TOGA Switches are then look here:

http://www.flickr.co...in/photostream/

For me, they look some what harder to get to, than the 737 at least that are on the side. Something PSS did if I remember correctly was, if you push the throttles further than (don't quote me) 60% or so it activated TOGA. I mention PSS as I know some of their 777 team works for PMDG now. Are you doing something similar or in the sim sitting sideways, is it easier to press them?

Cheers

The buttons on the side of the throttles in the 737 are the Auto-Thrust disengage buttons, same as the T7, the TOGA switches are in a similar position on the 73 only they're round, and not rectangular like in the T7.

Capt. Rónán O Cadhain.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

In their 744 v1 (not the speed), you press the screw in the top left of the MCP. In the NGX you press that blank spot on the MCP. Or set a command. I'm sure they'll do something like this again.

Ah right so could be the same in the 777? Hopefully! Looks easier..

7278783126_f2ae4581fd_b.jpg

I believe it will be the same, guys. When I takeoff, I try my best to use the TOGA switch and not the blank spot for more realism.

Yeah me too which is why I was asking ha. Always use it, I fly the LDS 767 so of course you know the N1 button (TOGA) is above the SPD button which makes it easier. Only flown the NGX a few times and clicking the button on the Throttles can be tricky when they're at 60 or so %.

impossible to click the TOGA button in NGX VC when push levers to 40% N1. That's why shortcut is a must have feature.

Or you can just assign it to a button on your yoke/stick/throttle/keyboard :)

control+shift+g is already assigned as TOGA by default on the ngx.

That could work..

I have a button on my control assigned to it..

Mattias Nordgren   

fs2crew777.jpg

PRO-ATCX BETA TEAM

Yeah I just have a button next to my throttle control toga. same with throt discon and ap disengage.

I have a switch on my throttle assigned to TOGA, Works a treat

I fly the LDS 767 so of course you know the N1 button (TOGA) is above the SPD button which makes it easier.

It's no TO/GA switch on 767. For take off you press N1 button, and for go-around there is a GA switch on thrust levers.