Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

I feel Great!

While it may look like a joke for many of you FLIGHters, this was quite an achievment for me :-)

Today I woke up early in the morning and decided to get a few more Aerocaches in Hawaii. Picked the RV for the job, and after 1 hr I increased my total # of aerocaches from a mild 20 to 51!!! Whow! Got an achievment award for it, and only quited FLIGHT because meanwhile she woke up :-)...

Looking fwd to seat at the controls of my virtual RV or Maule, or even the Zero (the cockpitless I fly the most, with the p-40 being the less flown of all Hangar aircaft in FLIGHT) I can't avoid thinking what a dramatic impact FLIGHT had on me regarding the use of a flightsim. Do you believe that appart from the Reno Air Races and an helicopter mission I played none of the missions/adventures in Acceleration simply because I couldn't find any use for it? Many of those missions included the use of instruments we do not have in FLIGHT (some we may say "yet", other certainly "never"...) yet, not only can't I recall having had such a great time flying missions / adventures since fs5 with that great AAF I used so often to build my own scripted missions...

BTW: In the list of references on FLIGHTs PDF Manual we can see a mention to "Lua". Maybe Lua scripts are being used for missions (?). I would like to explore it :-) I know Lua is also used on another sim I have long been trying to resist - DCS p-51 !

Back to my "Achievments", I have flown a few jobs from a few aerodromes, have quite a number of additional jobs waiting for me, and would never be able to complete all of my tasks for Hawaii before Alaska gets released, so, there hasn't really been any waiting time for me... I'm so involved with just Hawaii that a DLC with an aircraft including a detailled cockpit, maybe with an ADF or a GPS unit would certainly keep me busy for quite a few more months.

Yesterday I was also considering buying an external disk 2T for only €90 at a local Mall, the kind of thing I would really feel the need for back n fs9 ans fsX times where building a stable configuration was quite a PITA... I thought this would certainly be a waste now. Disk or system crashes and I loose FLIGHT? No problem, I have my "Career" backup, simply re-install windows 7, start GFWL and, in less than an hour I am up and running my preferred flightsim ever!

Well, I have now a total of 30hrs flown, 459116 XP Points, Level 19, 57 Aerocaches, 40 Awards, 19 Achievments and my passenger saisfaction is 85%. I feel great!!!! ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Keep at it, José, soon you will be an XP Grinder (500 000 XP!).

Your Passenger Satisfaction is a lot better than mine, don't understand why my passengers don't like loops and rolls. :LMAO:

Best regards.

Luis

I made a abrubt corse change yesterday and had another one throw up in the back seat, never heard anything more from her the rest of the flight. After we landed she said what a good time she had had. Some people are so sensitive. The pigs and chickens nerer seem to mind.

So congrats jcomm, well done.

Steve A

Every time I see this title in the list of active threads, it makes me think of this:

[media=]

[/media]

(sorry)

I am glad you are enjoying Flight!

(sorry)

I am glad you are enjoying Flight!

Don't be sorry :-) it's good to feel that way, without having to smoke something special ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Well...........

I did feel great......... Now after watching that ad, I feel vaguely disturbed!

B4B13S 3V3RYWH3R3!! :blink:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5