Sign in to follow this  
mikethe6th

ATC Options

Good afternoon,

I hope you don't mind me posting this here but I tend to find a more serious level of simmer lurking in these forums compared to elsewhere on the site.

I'm looking for an ATC addon and I think there's only two for FSX. ProFlight Emulator or Radar Contact 4. As far as I can see they're both 5 years old and both have quite a few flaws. Do you use either of these products and if so which one would you recommend? Realism is key for me.

I usually fly with VATSIM but you obviously can't guarantee coverage.

Many thanks,

Mike Parker

VoxATC is the most realistic ATC you can get. You're talking to it via your microphone. It knows of SID and STARS.

You can download from their website and try it out for free in seven days.

Kind regards

Peter

PilotEdge requires a monthly subscription which is totally bogus since you can fly with ATC on VATSIM/IVAO for free.

PilotEdge requires a monthly subscription which is totally bogus since you can fly with ATC on VATSIM/IVAO for free.

Okay, but in VATSIM or IVAO you don't always get a high-quality ATC experience that is fully staffed from delivery to center.

Okay, but in VATSIM or IVAO you don't always get a high-quality ATC experience that is fully staffed from delivery to center.

No but then again in this economy its hard to argue against free and for many of the younger pilots $180 is very steep. Plus there are some that want some ATC but not every single position staffed, I love it when approach helps me into an unfamiliar airport but at the same time I love it when he gives me taxi instructions that are basically pilot's discretion which means I can take my favorite route to my usual terminal.

Check out the events that are posted on the vatsim calendar, a lot of them have almost full coverage at the departing and arrival airports.

Plus, I'm not paying a monthly fee for just one ARTCC to have ATC, that's absurd.

For $180 per year I would expect to have full US coverage. Their prices are too high.

Yeah I know, I wish there would be more events where I live and like to fly, KIAH and KHOU. Hopefully I will be able to participate in Cross the Pond next year with the 777!!

I see what you're saying. They said that they will do more ARTCCs; I think Oakland ARTCC is next in line.

Did you get a NOTAM (email) from VATSIM asking for you to vote for the platform for the new pilot client?!? :yahoo: Goodbye $h!tbox and FScrapINN!

I just hope the new client will be just as light as SB, I don't want too many bells and whistles.

I hope the new client will also be able to be networked on a separate computer, and also support dynamic lighting like FSINN does.

Lastly....PLEASE let us set the transponder to C mode with a keypress/joystick button! Please!!! (wrong forum but I still want to say it out loud for the FS gods to hear).

Lastly....PLEASE let us set the transponder to C mode with a keypress/joystick button! Please!!! (wrong forum but I still want to say it out loud for the FS gods to hear).

You can with FSInn. FSFDT Control panel, Key Management. You can set pretty much any function to a keypress.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

You can with FSInn. FSFDT Control panel, Key Management. You can set pretty much any function to a keypress.

I meant the actual C mode on FSINN itself, not in the FSX plane I'm flying.

Yes, that's what I meant as well! I have a keypress set to toggle between C, I and S in FSInn itself, not the a/c.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Sorry mate, I pointed you to the wrong screen to set this up! Go to the Addons drop down in FSX, then to the FSCopilot dropdown menu and select Settings. There's a screen there which lists all the FSInn functions and allows you to assign a hotkey to them. Apologies for the misdirection!

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

Sorry mate, I pointed you to the wrong screen to set this up! Go to the Addons drop down in FSX, then to the FSCopilot dropdown menu and select Settings. There's a screen there which lists all the FSInn functions and allows you to assign a hotkey to them. Apologies for the misdirection!

If this actually works for me I would hug you in real life.

I've been trying to get this to work for years.

Thanks for the tip! I'll have a look today.