Sign in to follow this  
mikethe6th

ATC Options

If this actually works for me I would hug you in real life.

No hugs required, Her Majesty encourages us to be nice to Canucks and then she gives us knighthoods and castles and stuff. Btw, yes it DOES work! Any problems just yell (and I'll probably get another castle).

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

No hugs required, Her Majesty encourages us to be nice to Canucks and then she gives us knighthoods and castles and stuff. Btw, yes it DOES work! Any problems just yell (and I'll probably get another castle).

lol

Mikethe6th,

Did you get your question answered? I came here to this formum to ask the same questions you had. It's tuff knowing where to begin with so many options out there. Is it correct that vatsim doesn't work with fs9?

Is it correct that vatsim doesn't work with fs9?

No that's not correct. It works perfectly well.

Bill Casey

wpigeon.jpg

My answer also will be slightly off..., but you can use a programm, called Vroute (vroute.net) to book the flight in VATSIM. And if you do so - chances to get ATCs there is much higher.

If you plan some longer flight or you do the planning few days before, you can drop some line to the corresponding vACC staff and they might want to help you in this need. ;)

Yes, not every ATC in these networks are pro, but dont expect them to be!

To be honest - I find ANY "ATC software" million miles away from realism..., just my own thoughts.

Yeah I know, I wish there would be more events where I live and like to fly, KIAH and KHOU. Hopefully I will be able to participate in Cross the Pond next year with the 777!!

I see what you're saying. They said that they will do more ARTCCs; I think Oakland ARTCC is next in line.

Did you get a NOTAM (email) from VATSIM asking for you to vote for the platform for the new pilot client?!? :yahoo: Goodbye $h!tbox and FScrapINN!

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with FSInn. The GUI takes some getting used to and it is a bit of a quirky application, but overall it's done very well. For a start, I get next to no FPS hit with FSInn, compared to a rather hefty hit when using SB4 (and no I'm not running it in FSX, but externally). FSInn also handles AI aircraft very well provided you know how to set it up to take advantage of AI packages (which if they're already installed, is a 15 minute job). FSInn does a much better job at presenting the AI and the algorithms used for turning on the strobes, extending flaps and gear is clever enough to add immersion over Squawkbox. I used to use FSInn back when it came out, my only issue with it being I could never get it configured for AI properly - so went back to SB3/SB4. However, more recently, there are guides and additional applications which optimise how FSInn picks AI and, the way I've got it set-up, it runs as perfectly as SB4. By that I mean when someone is flying an odd combination, like a British Airways MD-11, FSInn will display an MD-11 in a random paint - much like SB4 shows the VIP MD-11. In normal situations it displays aircraft flawlessly for me.

For what it's worth, don't expect VATSIM's client to blow either SB4 or FSInn out of the water, much as I'd love a new client to do so.

You need to remember about time zones. Not sure why you would expect Heathrow to be online at 0300! Although someone might be if they can't sleep which I doubt.