Just going to have to google it never bothered me that it doesn't show.

I finally overclocked my computer.

Thank you for being my light in the overclocking tunnel.

I may give it a try at the weekend. Nail%20Biting.gif

Thank you for being my light in the overclocking tunnel.

I may give it a try at the weekend. Nail%20Biting.gif

I'm sure I'm younger than you, so if I can do it, you can do it.

Get on the TeamSpeak server for AVSIM. Lots of cool people there to help you.

My current voltage for 4.2 is 1.305 volts. My temperatures are excellent.

Bump your CPU Ratio up to 44 or 45. You should be able top run 4.4-4.5GHZ with 1.305 without a problem. Congratz on joining the OC club! :smile:

Bump your CPU Ratio up to 44 or 45. You should be able top run 4.4-4.5GHZ with 1.305 without a problem. Congratz on joining the OC club! :smile:

Okay, I'll try that then run a 30 minute test. Thanks, and sorry for that crazy PM last night!

EDIT:

Okay, 4.5 at 1.305 gave me a BSOD. 4.5 at 1.310 gave me a BSOD. 4.4 at 1.305 gave me a BSOD (all these BSODs happened when I clicked "Ok" to start the Prime95 test.

So I think I'll stick to my trusty 4.2GHz at 1.305 which is working perfect. I don't want to go over 1.400 volts or 1.800, whatever it was.

Edited by linux731

1.305V is a far cry from 1.4V. You have more voltage headroom and a lot more performance to unlock, should you choose to do so.

1.305V is a far cry from 1.4V. You have more voltage headroom and a lot more performance to unlock, should you choose to do so.

Oh really? Is for example 1.400 or 1.380 fine?

Oh really? Is for example 1.400 or 1.380 fine?

On a 2500K anything up to 1.4V is pretty safe in the eyes of most overclockers, beyond that you should look into some serious cooling. I wouldn't just go ratchet it up to 1.4V right off the bat though, try 1.315, 1.320, etc., raising the voltage in .005v increments until you find the system to be stable at the clockspeed you desire.

Don't exceed 1.38volts. Anything higher will uust send your temps through the roof. If you can send your chip to 1.36volts, you could likely be stable at 4.7-4.8GHZ.

Thanks techguy and Ben! I'll do some more trial-and-error before I see what is the highest I can get. So far, I'm happy with the 4.2. :smile:

Glad that it is working!