Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MaorC

starting study the 747

Hi everybody ,

I would like to start study the 747-400 and the Freighter version .

There is so much documents , videos , bla bla bla , i dont know where to begin , where to start .

BTW , there is any goooooooood normal procedures for the 747-400 ? i mean really detailed one , from C&D to complete shutdown .

And i have the AoA .

Thank you ,

Maor .

The printed manuals from PMDG are actual Boeing manuals. They are worth a read. Normal procedures are included in the manuals you got when you installed the 747. Other than that, Google.

Yea, But where should i start? What you suggest me to read first?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Yea, But where should i start? What you suggest me to read first?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Do not read everything at once. Take it slow and read parts of the documents at a time. That's what real 744 pilots do.

Read the Introduction document first. This will explain various aspects of the software from the different options available, how to interact with the switches and knobs, etc.

Then there are tutorials on the PMDG (written by Robert who I think was rated on the 744), and two other tutorials written by Craig Reed and Holger Seilz available in the AVSim Library that are worth checking out.

After completing the tutorials, I would move on to the Normal Procedures and try a few flights yourself. The Takeoff Data, Cruise and Fuel Planning, Cruise Performance, and Landing Performance documents can help tremendously with planning a flight.

While flying these flights I would also suggest reading (remember in parts) the Cockpit Overview, Autopilot Flight Director, Aircraft Systems, FMC Users Guide, Procedures and Profiles, and Flight Techniques documents.

It is a lot of reading but the PMDG 744 is almost like a real world 744. Pilots train months and years for this job. Just take it in parts and you'll get the hang of the Queen. And if you have any questions, freely ask away here on AVSim.