Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob Familton

Answering ATC With Joystick?

I now have a CH Products Flighterstick. Is there a way I can program some of the buttons to answer the ATC? I hate using the keyboard all the time to answer the ATC. Thanks, Bob.

You can through a registered copy of FSUIPC. Software that came with the joystick might allow you to assign a keystroke for ATC to a button.

Randall

Thanks. Randall. I appreciate the help. I had a registed FSUIPC on my old computer. I have the free version now and will have to see if I can get it re-registered. I'll look again at the CH software. If it was there I missed it. Regards, Bob.

As randall said you can program joystick buttons with fsuipc.

i use a saitek yoke and use two of the buttons to press 1+2 ,the two most used ATC commands.

has to be registered though.

steve-0

REX SKYFORCE 3D

steve howlett

If you get something like Vox ATC or MCE, you can simply assign a joystick button as a PTT switch for the radio and then you can just speak to ATC instead, or in the case of MCE, you can simply say 'ATC 1' or 'ATC 2' etc, and that will do the same thing as clicking those choices on the ATC window, so then you don't even need any buttons assigned to it at all. It's definitely more fun to actually talk to ATC in FS, and certainly more useful if you fly for real to do that sort of thing, as it gets you used to making the correct responses.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here