Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

A2A P51 Mustang AccuSim is out!

Go, get her!

don't miss the bundle option (you need the P51 AND Accusim for the P51!)

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

Guest Mik75

It truly is.

I´ll probably won´t buy it this month anymore. Doubtlessly I´ll get it in the nearer future, but right now, my focus is on slightly newer planes.

It is a shame that I haven´t flown my P-40 or the Spitfire for a long time...

Expensive month...

Very true! LOL

Mauricio Brentano

Thanks for the heads up, been buying a lot of stuff lately including MILVIZ's B55 today, but even so, this is a 'must have' since A2A are so very good at what they do. Thus I am downloading the A2A P-51 now...

Now all we need is that F-104 and the F-4, oh, and then if they could make a C-46, and a DC-3, and a DC-4 and a...

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Wow!!

Looks very impressive!!

Well, if you were on the fence about buying, then jump off it at once and get your wallet out, because this is an absolute streamlined, chrome-plated goddam masterpiece.

Combining the excellent A2A AccuSim modeling of the Roll Royce Merlin found in A2A's equally great Supermarine Spitfire, with a superb replication of the beautifully harmonised airframe which North American created makes it a spooky replication of the real aircraft's genesis, which more or less did the same thing. Yup, those A2A chaps have pulled it off again, and this is indeed the P-51D Mustang which flight simmers have been waiting for ever since the home PC was first invented. If bashing this virtual version of the Cadillac of the Skies around the virtual circuit does not put a smile on your face, then nothing ever will.

Looks great, sounds great, flies great and gets reasonable FPS. Short of actually buying a real P-51, this is about as close as you are going to get to that experience. And that's an experience no aircraft buff should pass up. Congrats to A2A on doing again what they do best. Absolutely brilliant.

2012-5-28_0-58-43-798.jpg

Al

Alan Bradbury

Well, if you were on the fence about buying, then jump off it at once and get your wallet out, because this is an absolute streamlined, chrome-plated goddam masterpiece.

Combining the excellent A2A AccuSim modeling of the Roll Royce Merlin found in A2A's equally great Supermarine Spitfire, with a superb replication of the beautifully harmonised airframe which North American created makes it a spooky replication of the real aircraft's genesis, which more or less did the same thing. Yup, those A2A chaps have pulled it off again, and this is indeed the P-51D Mustang which flight simmers have been waiting for ever since the home PC was first invented. If bashing this virtual version of the Cadillac of the Skies around the virtual circuit does not put a smile on your face, then nothing ever will.

Looks great, sounds great, flies great and gets reasonable FPS. Short of actually buying a real P-51, this is about as close as you are going to get to that experience. And that's an experience no aircraft buff should pass up. Congrats to A2A on doing again what they do best. Absolutely brilliant.

2012-5-28_0-58-43-798.jpg

Al

Looks beautiful!

Been waiting on this one so took the plunge. Details are amazing on this airplane.

Within 1/2 a year, two great North American models released: OV10 Bronco and the P51D Mustang.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Forgive me sounding stupid, but I can't work out the difference between Wings of Power 3, P51 and Accusim for Wings of Power 3, P51.

If I don't own any previous P51 from A2A, do I need to buy both packages? It's a little confusing.

Cheers

-Iain Watson-

If you want the full experience, you will want the Wings of Power 3 P-51 Mustang AND the accompanying Accu-Sim package. Accu-Sim adds numerous sounds as well as wear and tear to the aircraft with a working maintenance hangar. Some people may not want that so they have the option of buying the package without Accu-Sim if they desire.

- Cody Bergland

(Owner, Jaggyroad Films)

Our YouTube Channel (featuring over 100 OFFICIAL product videos):

https://www.youtube.com/user/valkyrie321 <- CLICK HERE

JaggyroadSig.jpg

Forgive me sounding stupid, but I can't work out the difference between Wings of Power 3, P51 and Accusim for Wings of Power 3, P51.

Effectively, all A2A AccuSimmed products are two-tier: You can buy them without the AccuSim add-on, or you can buy them with it. You can add the AccuSim add-on at a later date if you have bought the aircraft without the AccuSim package too, although since they usually throw in a bit of a discount when you buy both the aircraft and the AccuSim add-on for it at the same time, then it makes sense to get it all in one go if that is what you eventually envisage doing.

All of this is basically a legacy of the Wings Of Power AccuSim B-17's development. The A2A B-17G was originally made without the concept of AccuSim being around, then A2A came up with the AccuSim concept and made it available for the B-17, so the process is now typical for A2A creations, in that most A2A aeroplanes will be available in two flavours, with, or without Accusim. Actually, most of them are great even without it, but they really go to another level when AccuSim is added, with much more realistic engine operation, and more sophisticated wear and tear and maintenance simulation taking place.

So it all boils down to whether having to work the engines properly and worry about such things as overboosting, fouling the plugs, over-revving, overheating, cooling shock damage on descents, heavy landings and all that kind of thing is something which appeals to you. If it does, then AccuSim will float your boat, since all the things you do have lasting consequences, i.e. if you over-rev the thing on take off and blow a couple of piston rings, dropping the compression a bit, then your aircraft will smoke a bit as it burns oil seeping past the piston rings and lose some power too, and the next time you fire it up for a flight in FSX, it will still be doing that unless you take it into the virtual maintenance hangar and fix it up. On the other hand, if you just want to fly the thing around without worrying about all that stuff, then you can still happily enjoy the A2A P-51 without all that persistent wear and tear and damage modeling and for a bit less money.

Since aircraft such as the P-51 are hugely expensive to run in real life, AccuSim gives you an insight into why that is so. For example, unlike your car, where you might use the same spark plugs for literally years, a Rolls Royce or Packard Merlin engine when run at high power is likely to require a change of spark plugs after about twelve hours of operation if it is to keep on putting out full power. And this is just one set of relatively inexpensive components on a P-51 Mustang, so you can see why it is now almost exclusively a rich person's toy in real life, although having the AccuSim add-on for any A2A aeroplane will give you an interesting taste of what that means when it comes to keeping one of those old warbirds going.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Been waiting a long time for The A2A P-51D, Took A Pass on many nice add-ons savings my$$ for this. Good Times

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Be sure to run the VIDEO they have provided on their WEB site. This is the most complete video I have seen from any manufacture. I suggest running it in HD and full screen. ACCU Sim has done a outstanding job with this complete video. Check it out!

jim