Sign in to follow this  
William J.S.S

Who is going to try out the 737 tonight in this weather

Just wondering. With the release of Essentials just hours away, who has planned their flight like me with the NGX in this Tropical Storm we are having in the SouthEast?

I will be taking this baby out of KJAX for a short flight to KMIA then return up the coast through thick to KATL.

Really looking forward to Rex Essentials and the NGX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eagerly waiting for that one too ! but by the time it'll be out, it'll be 2AM up here in France. So I'm gonna spend some good time with my bed and give it a try once i get up ....

I flew yesterday NGX through thunderstorm. I don't think what I did was right, but it was over my destination airport. It was throwing my airplane like a sock in the washing machine. So I landed, unloaded the scared passengers, waited till the plane was cleaned up and loaded new live stock :D. As I departed I flew through the same conditions. But it didn't last very long till I was in the clear water sky.

Good stuff.

Flew into KDAB two hours ago with AS2012. AS2012 screwed up the Metar and had the ground wind variable @ 55kts instead of the actual 310/18 gust to 36! The girlfriend was wanting dinner so no time to head to my alternate in Orlando. I used the HGS in VMC mode and for the first time the indicator on the HGS actually went off the display. I was crabbing pretty good at times but managed to land fairly good. Pretty ticked off AS2012 crapped out with updates.

Eric 

I had the same issue with ASE. Was flying into KMCO. 55-57 knot headwinds, slightly offcenter. The HGS was practically blank. Pretty sure the runway was somewhere out the FO's side window. Just before 1100 ft., the headwind dies down SLIGHTLY, but centers itself straight down 36R. I think I'm in the clear. Then at about 400ft AGL, ASE starts to update. The headwind disappears, airspeed drops from about 135 to 105, AP disconnects, stick shaker, GPWS screaming........

TOGA, and I come within about 3 ft of the lighting. Of course, I had been recording a video in FS for the first time EVER. So I stopped to make sure that I saved that crazy approach.........................I didn't know it would reload the A/C Cold & Dark. So after I hit "SAVE", I'm suddenly in a plane with zero power, heading uphill at about 2500 ft/min. It was a nice ballistic trajectory into the far end of the runway........

I blame it all on ASE dropping the insane/false headwind....

I can't use it yet because I have REX OverDrive, but from what I saw on the screen shot pages of both versions (Essential and Essential OverDrive) the regular Essential looks amazingly fine for my eyes.

I wonder if it's worth it waiting just for the extra 5 gigs of stuff.

I can't use it yet because I have REX OverDrive, but from what I saw on the screen shot pages of both versions (Essential and Essential OverDrive) the regular Essential looks amazingly fine for my eyes.

same here i have to wait also for the essential and o/d to come out but according to the rex forum it be a few more days rather than weeks so rather just wait since we waited this lng and another few days wont hurt lol plus it worth the wait for that extra little bit

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Folks, just a heads-up,

Our forum is down due to a 'denial of service' attack on our servers. We apologize for the inconvenience. We have people looking into this, and hope to be back up as soon as possible.

We are offering support via Skype from 10am to 5pm MST today. SKYPE contact name: supportrex

Thank you for your understanding.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

I can't use it yet because I have REX OverDrive,

same here i have to wait also for the essential and o/d to come out but according to the rex forum it be a few more days rather than weeks so rather just wait since we waited this lng and another few days wont hurt lol plus it worth the wait for that extra little bit

I went ahead and uninstalled overdrive and Rex 2.0. Tim may chime in here to correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like an OverDrive pack will be available as an add on to Essential users. If true, there didn't seem like any reason to wait.

-Steve Godwin

I downloaded Essentials last night but by the time I unwrapped it, deleted Rec2 and then installed essentials I only had time to quickly configure it and take the NGX for a short hop out of YWLM. My first impressions were WOW! The blending of the wind layers are great also. Can't wait to really get acquainted tonight.

Enjoy guys it's looks like a great update:)

I have xtreme v2 and I was sent an email with a link to the new essentials download.

can I uninstall v2 first?

sorry but I cant access the support forums at rex because Im listed incorrectly as spam, very annoying

ZORAN

Just download the full version if you bought it from the FlightSim Store.

I have xtreme v2 and I was sent an email with a link to the new essentials download.

can I uninstall v2 first?

sorry but I cant access the support forums at rex because Im listed incorrectly as spam, very annoying

You must uninstall REX 2 and Overdrive before installing the full version of REX Essentials.

or you can wait till next week or so for the release of the essential o/d package

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg