Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

New Graphics Card?

Hi guys,

I just updated a lot of my system, and the things I expected to go with the new components, some still remain.

I am on a GTX480 at the moment, and I am seeing texture grey outs when switching views etc etc.

1) Is there any problem with the 480 in terms of FSX, I have heard references, the odd rumour.

I ask because looking on youtube at this video,, the engine fan blades spin faster than they do on my machine, and the graphics look sharper here.

http://www.youtube.c...DEPpsBELc#t=85s

Now,

I hear the 580 is fantastic for FSX, but what about the GTX670? I am concerned with the lower graphics clock [915].

Kindest Regards,

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Right now it's an extremely bad idea to buy a 500 series card. A GTX 670 overclocked with aftermarket cooler is just as expensive as a GTX 580 but the GTX 670 is around 50% faster. However in FSX the difference will be very small. I heard the actual difference is about 2-3 FPS and the 600 series cards are little smoother (less stutters).