Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

Looking For A Good Airbus 320 and 330 for FS9

I have the PSS Airbus 319/20/21 and am ok with it. I have had on my HD the one from Wilco and felt like I was flying something out of a cartoon as grafics were horrible.

So the question is? Are there any new Airbus projects out there with at minimum PSS functionalty with CDU and such? Looking for something equivlant to PMDG.

Thanks

Randy

Intel I7 6700 4.0 CPU Western Digital Caviar 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive  16GB DDR4 Crucial RAM. Corsair 750 Watt PSU.

EVGA NVIDIA GTX1080 FTW GPU

Equivalent to PMDG? Sounds like wishful thinking now for FS9. :smile:

Some like the Airsimmer A320, but I don't have it. There is nothing in that category for Airbus and probably never will be I'm afraid.

Graeme Butler

You can try PA A320 merge with wilco (no VC available though) or else Airsimmer A320 (only A320 variant).

With A330 and A340 I use CLS merge with Wilco. The best combo for Fs9 IMO

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

You can try PA A320 merge with wilco (no VC available though) or else Airsimmer A320 (only A320 variant).

With A330 and A340 I use CLS merge with Wilco. The best combo for Fs9 IMO

this sums up everything. Especially that wilco cls merge one, google "Cls Wilco Airbus Merge", a guy named Tri Wasono has the VC worked

this sums up everything. Especially that wilco cls merge one, google "Cls Wilco Airbus Merge", a guy named Tri Wasono has the VC worked

His VC merge is good, but not eye-candy.

I only sit in the VC when taxi,take off, landing and cruise. All the settings and checklists are made from 2D cockpit so I made my own merge.

Hoang Le

P3D v5

His VC merge is good, but not eye-candy.

I only sit in the VC when taxi,take off, landing and cruise. All the settings and checklists are made from 2D cockpit so I made my own merge.

In fact, it is for eye candy purpose only since there's not much to do from VC. The gauges are static. It is fairly difficult to make it work. But compare to VCless Pairbus+Wilco, well..

I use the PSS panel merged with the Overland models for the heavies, and the PSS merged with Project Airbus for the babybuses. The FBW on the Wilco is nice, but there were too many problems for me, such as an inability to enter certain types of lat/lon waypoints, and terrible climb/descent AP performance. The FBW on the PSS is a little more suspect, but I prefer what I see as a much better FMC and autopilot.

Now, if Airsimmer ever comes out with the full version with the A318/A319/A320/A321, I'll buy it in a heartbeat. If they manage that, I believe that will be the Airbus answer, at least for the non-heavies.

I use the Wilco option for all my Airbus needs. I'm made a few modifications with the Vol1 & 2 packages and happy with the results. Like everyone else said here I doubt we'll see anything better for FS9. Airsimmer never worked right on my system plus you can't run it under accelerated time in FS9.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I'm made a few modifications with the Vol1 & 2 packages and happy with the results. Like everyone else said here I doubt we'll see anything better for FS9.

The one that modifies section 1506 in the AIR.file?

Just got Airsimmer few weeks ago and I just can't fly wilco anymore eversince. Agree, it works on some systems but it urgently needs a new update. Especially flight control issues. I had 10 successful flights out of 14.

My wildest thought is we keep supporting qwings and hope they would deliver us a bus :P

I use the Wilco option for all my Airbus needs. I'm made a few modifications with the Vol1 & 2 packages and happy with the results. Like everyone else said here I doubt we'll see anything better for FS9. Airsimmer never worked right on my system plus you can't run it under accelerated time in FS9.

Which modifications are you talking about? I'm curious too.

Hoang Le

P3D v5

As some of you may know, I am the developer of the Wilco Airbus aircrafts, but I am also a "basic" user like you all. For my personal use, I fly the Airbus Evolution (I like the HUD in full-screen mode) and I merged the Volume 2 with the beautiful CLS aircrafts, including the VC merge. It is not perfect, but it is enough for me as I almost fly in 2D mode. I must also say that I enjoy flying these aircrafts because I have some hardware that work with them: CockpitSonic MCDU and Radio & CPFlight FCU. This definitely improves the flying experience.

I never tried the Airsimmer A320. I have been told it is good but has no vertical navigation. Is that right? Anyway I am sure it is the best alternative to the Wilco Airbus.

Someone said here you can't enter a waypoint using lat/lon coordinates, this is wrong. The MCDU can handle waypoints entered with their name, their lat/lon position, place/bearing/distance or place/breaing/place/bearing. This lets you enter the waypoints that are sometimes missing is SID/STARs.

Anyway, I would be more than happy to see a "perfect" A320 for fs9, but I am almost sure it will never happen. Most developers tend to forget fs9 and there will be no exception here. FlightSim Labs will certainly release a very good A320, but the FS2004 fans that we are will have to forget it. Too bad...

Eric

Someone said here you can't enter a waypoint using lat/lon coordinates, this is wrong. The MCDU can handle waypoints entered with their name, their lat/lon position, place/bearing/distance or place/breaing/place/bearing. This lets you enter the waypoints that are sometimes missing is SID/STARs.

Really? The only time I tried the wilco, it was an A346 from KIAD to FAJS, and I couldn't enter in any of the Southern hemisphere Oceanic waypoints, as it kept reverting to north lattitude values. If not, I'm sorry for spreading false information.

Really? The only time I tried the wilco, it was an A346 from KIAD to FAJS, and I couldn't enter in any of the Southern hemisphere Oceanic waypoints, as it kept reverting to north lattitude values. If not, I'm sorry for spreading false information.

To be honest, I almost never used this feature, so even though it is supposed to be tested, there might be a bug here. I mean the feature exists, and I will test it ASAP with north and south latitudes to make sure it works fine.

Eric

Hey Eric,

Not sure if you remember me, I did some Beta testing on the Vol2 A330 along with my father when he was a Captain on the A330/340 (A long time ago!)

Regarding the Airsimmer A320, the difficult part, eg FBW, ELACS, SECS,FAC’s, and all the laws along with accurate systems have been completed for a good few years now on the Basic & Advanced, it is entirely possible to get it done accurately within FS.

I’m sure you know as a developer the time involved in coding every single ECAM message along with the correct logic is huge unless you have a massive team. No one has given up yet! I am hugely enjoying flying the Advanced and would be disappointed if it never reached the final stage for FS9 simmers.

Although I will be using FSX after the release of the 777 I still want to see company’s produce high end addons for FS9 for a long time yet
:biggrin:

btw, are you not a developer anymore?

Rob Prest