Sign in to follow this  
flynman33

Looking For A Good Airbus 320 and 330 for FS9

Can anyone link me to the modification :biggrin: Thanks!

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

Which modifications are you talking about? I'm curious too.

there are some good tweaks in deltava plus modifying AIR.file and also a bit of aircraft.cfg workaround, you'll get better wilco.. as nam1394 stated, these tweaks work perfectly for him, it was he btw, who suggested me the tweaks.

The CTD when ending flight and changing a/c is really frustrating. I always experience CTD, no matter what I do, deleting fmgc, load default cessna, run as admin, turn off UAC.. everything!! Wilco is simply unusable on my system. It worked well with xp32 years ago

As some of you may know, I am the developer of the Wilco Airbus aircrafts, but I am also a "basic" user like you all. For my personal use, I fly the Airbus Evolution (I like the HUD in full-screen mode) and I merged the Volume 2 with the beautiful CLS aircrafts, including the VC merge. It is not perfect, but it is enough for me as I almost fly in 2D mode. I must also say that I enjoy flying these aircrafts because I have some hardware that work with them: CockpitSonic MCDU and Radio & CPFlight FCU. This definitely improves the flying experience.

I never tried the Airsimmer A320. I have been told it is good but has no vertical navigation. Is that right? Anyway I am sure it is the best alternative to the Wilco Airbus.

Someone said here you can't enter a waypoint using lat/lon coordinates, this is wrong. The MCDU can handle waypoints entered with their name, their lat/lon position, place/bearing/distance or place/breaing/place/bearing. This lets you enter the waypoints that are sometimes missing is SID/STARs.

Anyway, I would be more than happy to see a "perfect" A320 for fs9, but I am almost sure it will never happen. Most developers tend to forget fs9 and there will be no exception here. FlightSim Labs will certainly release a very good A320, but the FS2004 fans that we are will have to forget it. Too bad...

Eric

If the erratic turn behavior is fixed, this should make everyone in the forum happy. Also, I am no RW airbus pilot but the climb attitude seems a bit underpowered. Kirk promised to write a sticky post regarding this days ago however.

Apart from a few scratches, this is, unfortunately, the best bus so far.

This is a link to the AIR.file mod:

http://www.deltava.o...d.do?id=0x1945c

If you want the CG modifications PM your e-mail and I send them to you.

Thanks,email sent!

So modifications only available for the Volume1 and none for Volume2?

Hoang Le

P3D v5

the vol.1 only, guess the vol.2 isn't as buggy as vol.1.

This is for IAE variants so I am not sure how it will work on CFM's

Can you confirm this? Does it work for CFM too or only IAE?

I'm jumping into my cockpit now and do a short test flight :biggrin:

Hoang Le

P3D v5

the vol.1 only, guess the vol.2 isn't as buggy as vol.1.

Unfortunately, I must say that I agree. The flight dynamics are much better in Vol2 than in Vol1, which is why the managed descent works much better with the A330 than with the A320. I wasn't in charge of this part...

Eric

The flight dynamics are much better in Vol2

As far as I remember, I quickly dropped flying Wilco/FeelThere A340-300 (my favourite long-haul aircraft) because of... a very unrealistic FD.

I am not a RW Airbus pilot, but seeing a fully loaded A340 accelerating to Vr in just a few seconds, using less than half of the runway, and climbing like a rocket, was a no go for me. Maybe Rob, whose father was a real A340 captain, can correct what I am saying but this is exactly my memory of flying this addon.

No disrespect for Eric's work of course. I have always admired his contribution in the world of home flight simulation.

I still remember enjoying his freeware A320 panel a lot. respect.gif Merci beaucoup, Eric!

As far as I remember, I quickly dropped flying Wilco/FeelThere A340-300 (my favourite long-haul aircraft) because of... a very unrealistic FD.

I am not a RW Airbus pilot, but seeing a fully loaded A340 accelerating to Vr in just a few seconds, using less than half of the runway, and climbing like a rocket, was a no go for me. Maybe Rob, whose father was a real A340 captain, can correct what I am saying but this is exactly my memory of flying this addon.

Since you mention it, I wanna share my experience too. Yes indeed I have a feeling Wilco's A343 quite "overpower". I merge it with CLS A343 and also having the same experience, accelerate very quick,climb real fast and even with full load full fuel I can reach above FL300 very quick.

Correct me if I'm wrong,but I've heard people here talk about how slow the A342 and A343 climb...

Hoang Le

P3D v5

The A340-200/300 is well known amongst its flight crews to have 4 hairdryers strapped to it's wings :biggrin:

It's still my favourite A3xx, miss the day's when I could get a jumpset on one.

Regards

Rob Prest

Well if anyone of you are merging the wilco panel and the cls model, I guess you'll soon be dumping the cls model =D

http://www.pafs.wf/d...php?f=10&t=2115

:yahoo: :yahoo:

Very nice indeed,I wonder if they will release the exterior + the VC at the same time.

The VC and exterior of the CLS still very beautiful,I got it to work with Wilco's perfectly (except A346,still trying to fix), the only thing makes me concern is the Wilco's FDE.

Hoang Le

P3D v5

Well I can't say I agree with you, the low res texture of the CLS model is a pain in the &@($*, the managed to do it so well on the 346 but not on the 330/340 series. The external model is alright I shall say, but it would be great to see what PA would offer.

I guess they will release the WV model first, then the VC model later, as they did on the 380

Very nice indeed,I wonder if they will release the exterior + the VC at the same time.

The VC and exterior of the CLS still very beautiful,I got it to work with Wilco's perfectly (except A346,still trying to fix), the only thing makes me concern is the Wilco's FDE.

Regards,

C Schaffhausen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I merged the CLS 330/340 with Wilco too, with the VC merged (well, yes in some extent), facing some problems though.

1. The spoiler is unable to arm properly, unless you reload the aircraft and to check if the spoiler can be armed in the VC, if it arms you're ready to fly (well, most of the time it would be fine)

2. Once again, the spoiler is unable to extend fully. I got this one fixed by adding a xml script, no problem now.

3. About the A346 merge, I got everything working except the control surfaces droop even though engines are up and running, no idea on this one.

Regards,

C Schaffhausen

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg