Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

REX Essential Released!

Downloading now

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Love to here some feedback on it. Main reason I dumped REX the last time in favor of AS2012 was the flashing sky issue that you dont have in DWC mode in AS2012. Is it still present with REX Essential?

Eric 

Time to wait another few days to get REX Essential+OD. But I am still pretty happy! :Big Grin: :Big Grin: :Big Grin:

Pretty sure it will only be at most another week.

Love to here some feedback on it. Main reason I dumped REX the last time in favor of AS2012 was the flashing sky issue that you dont have in DWC mode in AS2012. Is it still present with REX Essential?

I am not sure. Pretty sure it's fixed. There was this issue with flashing clouds and it got fixed.

Flashing sky was related to Simconnect and happened during weather updates. Is that fixed?

Eric 

I am also interested to hear some detailed reports on the weather engine. Having been a die hard ASA, then ASE, and now AS2012 user, I think it will be hard to top AS2012's weather depiction in FSX, especially in DWC mode. Although I do own the most up to date REX and have it installed on the FSX for texture only use, I would consider installing the free upgrade on my networked computer that I run AS2012 on, but its really going to have to offer something special as far as weather depiction goes to make me want to go thru the motions and try it out.

Would be cool if someone could post the same metar conditions from a recent download in both AS2012 and REX from the same airport, slew up to a few thousand feet and take some screen shot comparisons to see how the differences in depiction look, assuming the user could download both of the same airport metars from both engines.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I am downloading full version from the FSS store using the USA server. The Oz server must be getting a hammering as it is very slow. But good speed using the US server.

Sean, will post here my thoughts once I have it up and running.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Sean, will post here my thoughts once I have it up and running.

Cool, I look forward to hearing your thoughs Julian once you get it set up.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It is coming down the pipe from the Flight Sim Store at 1.17Mb/Sec from the UK link, so about an hour, with it being about 4.5 Gigs of data.

Probably have to check it out tomorrow because of that, since it is now 1.30am in the UK.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Downloading now from Google Cloud... Relatively slow download speeds. - I bet the server loads are tremendous.

Hardly surprising if there are delays what with probably three quarters of the flight simmers around the world downloading the thing. I'm happy enough with the D/L speed I'm getting, it's waay too hot and humid to go to bed anyway here in the UK - currently it is like the tropics here LOL

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Time to wait another few days to get REX Essential+OD. But I am still pretty happy! :Big Grin: :Big Grin: :Big Grin:

Pretty sure it will only be at most another week.

I am not sure. Pretty sure it's fixed. There was this issue with flashing clouds and it got fixed.

I am a little confused. I had REX 2.0 Overdrive. Is this supposed to be free for previous REX FSX owners? Can we download the REX Essential now, and upgrade to REX Essential Overdrive when it comes out, or do I have to wait for the Essential Overdrive, being that I have the Overdrive?

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara