Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

REX Essential Released!

Download keeps bombing out. File sows 254 MB using Get right. Which of course is wrong.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Download keeps bombing out. File sows 254 MB using Get right. Which of course is wrong.

Yeah I had the same problem. The US server is borked. Try one of the others.

I am a little confused. I had REX 2.0 Overdrive. Is this supposed to be free for previous REX FSX owners? Can we download the REX Essential now, and upgrade to REX Essential Overdrive when it comes out, or do I have to wait for the Essential Overdrive, being that I have the Overdrive?

Easy answer. You will have to wait. Or you can uninstall REX2.0 and OD before using it, do not install on top of REX2.0 and OD!!

Yeah I had the same problem. The US server is borked. Try one of the others.

Managed to get it downloading on the UK server.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I can't really tell a difference between the screen shots of regular Essential and Essential OverDrive - http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/overdrive.html

Actually, don't hit me, but....I think the screenshots in the regular Essential page look way better then the ones from OverDrive.

ess12.jpg

ess3.jpg

Those look better to me then these taken from the OverDrive page.

tu5.jpg

tu33.jpg

Maybe it's just me? I dunno.

I have REX OverDrive now so I can't install the regular update, but I'm wondering if I should just skip Essential OverDrive and go with regular if the screen shots look that good for regular?

It's only the textures. Overdrive basically just adds more.

I've got it going... it's great, I had it looking brilliant, but then I got some problems. 1. stutters I never had previously 2. had a fatal error and had to restart. Gonna try again tomorrow when I'm less tired, but I'm a little put out currently...

I thought OverDrive actually added higher resolution textures?

Or maybe I'm totally wrong...

I can't really tell a difference between the screen shots of regular Essential and Essential OverDrive - http://www.realenvir.../overdrive.html

Actually, don't hit me, but....I think the screenshots in the regular Essential page look way better then the ones from OverDrive.

ess12.jpg

ess3.jpg

Those look better to me then these taken from the OverDrive page.

tu5.jpg

tu33.jpg

Maybe it's just me? I dunno.

I have REX OverDrive now so I can't install the regular update, but I'm wondering if I should just skip Essential OverDrive and go with regular if the screen shots look that good for regular?

Because Essential is a new package, and Essential OverDrive will be the icing on the cake! :)

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

SO, for REX2+Overdrive users, we have to wait? And can we install over top or is an uninstall necessary? I combed the REX support forums and couldn't find tha answer to this simple question!

I'm also waiting for the Essential + Overdrive update version, I like icing on my cake. :P

Quite impressed. It certainly does a very nice simulation of an inversion layer, and it runs a lot better than the older version of REX I had on my machine. Went for a quick whizz around EGCD with the shiny new A2A P-51D Mustang, and it seemed to do the current weather very well indeed. You can see on these shots that it has the very clearly defined inversion layer line, which is affecting slant range visibility, with some rising cumulus below it about to hit that inversion and flatten out, and then when you get down below it, you get the atmospheric haze restricting horizontal visibility:

1-44.jpg

2-38.jpg

3-30.jpg

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

SO, for REX2+Overdrive users, we have to wait? And can we install over top or is an uninstall necessary? I combed the REX support forums and couldn't find tha answer to this simple question!

Matt, you will have to wait. And no you will not need to uninstall. There will be an OD upgrade version.

cheers,

Glen

Sir your up late :)

Yeah, been a bit mad around here sleep-pattern wise with some family losses just this week being the main cause behind that unfortuntely, so lots of late night rushes to the hospital etc, but that aside, it really is too hot to get a decent night's sleep in Blighty at the moment, even if I wanted too. That inversion layer you can see REX doing so well simulating is really keeping the temperatures up.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here