Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

REX Essential Released!

"some family losses" so sorry to here that Al say some prayers for you, hang in there Al life can be difficult, all the best and take care.

Rich Sennett

Yeah it's a bummer but life goes on. Anyway screw all that depressing crap and back on topic, looking forward to seeing what the new REX can do with a thunderstorm, since with all this heat kicking about, it's likely we'll get some fairly dramatic ones before too long.

Incidentally, for anyone downloading, the UK server link from Flight Sim Store took almost exactly one hour to D/L it all on a DSL connection, and it was about ten minutes to install it all and get going when it all arrived, so not too much hassle at all to get all set up with the shiny new version.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Just want to say thanks to the REX team. I never even bothered to verify my order number on the rex forums as I wasn't in a big rush to get REX Essentials (nothing against REX I'm just a patient guy and would have eventually gotten around to it). But I was surprised when I just got an email stating my FlightSimStore order for REX 2 was automatically converted to REX Essential and ready for download.. Wasn't expecting that at all. Not even sure if that was announced it would happen but very cool that it did. :good:

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Yep....I second that. I was thinking this was going to be a new software being a release 2.0 but I am pleasantly surprised it is free to current customers. Way to support your customers Tim.

I have to wait until Jun 5 when my next Broadband monthly cycle begins as I am down to 8gb left for the month. Unfortunately have to wait until next billing cycle. Perhaps the Overdrive will be ready around then???

Cheers

Matthew Kane

Since I bought it from SimMarket I have to wait for the OD version because that;s the only full version oF REX2 I have. Anxious.. Must Have.. Now...

Alexis Mefano

My pleasure Matthew, and thank you for your kind words :) Sorry to hear about your capped internet service! REX Essential OverDrive will be in the hands of our testing team on Tuesday. We don't expect much delay whatsoever.

Alec, it won't be long... we're very hopeful, as there weren't many core code changes.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Flashing sky was related to Simconnect and happened during weather updates. Is that fixed?

I'm using Prepar3D but no. The sky is flashing during weather injection.

Edit: Odd it does it at one airport (concrete) but not KHQM.

Edit 2: Ok I just wasn't up high enough. Does it everywhere.. Kind of a buzz kill. I love the way the clouds and everything looks. Very sharp! Much better than AS2012 (imo) but the flashing sky is absolutely killing me.. I'll just use another weather engine as I love the textures..

Edit 3: Not complaining as this was a free upgrade and a carry over issue. :)

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Guys there is NO way around the flashing sky using SImconnect - UNLESS - you use cloud smoothing feature. BUT you loose out on accuracy at that point.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Am I supposed to have received an email about the release of REX Essentials? Since I have Overdrive installed, I will have to wait for the OD version of Essentials, but I just want to be sure that I will be able to access the download link when it is released. I posted in that serial number confirmation thread ages ago...

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I'm member of the REX community with verified user status but today I can't even login at the REX forum. After clicking "COMMUNITY" there is popping up login window (browser one - different way than ealier). I'm entering user name and password and nothing happens except login window pops up again.

What is going on? Is that side effect of overloaded server? But why that affect access to forum?

Edit: It seems that was temporary problem.

Sorry for the dumb question guys, but how do I tell if I have the Overdrive version? I have REX2 version number 2.3.2010.1027...no mention of "overdrive" anywhere. I can't remember if I downloaded that version!

Paul

That version should be overdrive. It shoud also say it on the main menu at the top. We also have all of the version numbers listed on the REX forum.

Can you unistall the earlier version REX Extreme ?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter