Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

REX Essential released

Hi guys,

How are people finding performance, ONLY TEXTURES

Between AS2012 and REXE,, Less fps with RexE?

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

I've tried both AS2012 and REXE and have found that I like and prefer to use AS2012 for weather for the following reasons.

1. It loads the UI and downloads the weather much, much faster than REXE.

2. Prefer AS2012 for the flight planner and ease of use.

3. AS has historical weather. Nice if you work during the day and want to fly when you get home and want the afternoons weather.

4. AS makes is easy to get the upper level winds for flight planning and input into the FMC.

5. AS has a much easier to use UI in my opinion.

6. Have yet to see any depictions using REXE that I cant get using AS2012.

Overall, for airliner flying, quickness and ease of use, I think I will stick with AS2012, which is fine since REXE was a free update and I am not out extra cash.

As far as cloud and sky textures go, I have never really liked the REX clouds since they appear to be so hard, sharp, and over baked that they just dont blend with the sky in FSX and look realistic to me. Many times they look like cloud stickers pasted to the sky. I do like the REX water and other misc textures, but still prefer HDEv2 for ultra realistic looking sky textures and FEX for better looking clouds that dont look so fake a processed.

Jim Burke

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Nothing wrong with these textures - AS2012. Note the FPS, 29.7 locked at 30.

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

When Rex essentials OD version coming ?? Thanks.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

When Rex essentials OD version coming ?? Thanks.

Try the REX forums

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

I'm very close to ditching the REX essentials weather engine.

Great for textures, but there's no way I can run it at the same time as the sim, it locks up my PC every time. No other issues at all with my system I can run anything else with FSX no problems at all, but REX is no dice.

Looks like I may have to consider AS2012, unless the developer can find a fix, so far they don't seem to have any idea why it locks up my system. I'm not the only one, someone else is having the same issue.

Looks like I may have to consider AS2012, unless the developer can find a fix, so far they don't seem to have any idea why it locks up my system. I'm not the only one, someone else is having the same issue.

Why would you NOT consider AS2012 ??? All this conjecture regarding textures comparisons between AS2012 and REX is rot, just take a look at my previous email and note the clouds. They are not even the higher high definition ones.

For the complete package AS2012!

Andrew Dixon

Why would you NOT consider AS2012 ??? All this conjecture regarding textures comparisons between AS2012 and REX is rot, just take a look at my previous email and note the clouds. They are not even the higher high definition ones.

For the complete package AS2012!

Because AS2012 means more financial outlay and i'm not well off.

Not to mention that prior to essentials I was perfectly happy with REX.

And like most things, your opinion is subjective.

Hi martin hopefully they will sort your problem out soon, hopefully when they release the o/d out with the updates will hopefully fix your problem, with some luck so stay tuned. Martin check the rexe thread just posted another thing you can try before you give up

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

And like most things, your opinion is subjective.

Fair enough you are right my opinion is subjective.

Because AS2012 means more financial outlay and i'm not well off.

OK fair point

Andrew Dixon

Hi martin hopefully they will sort your problem out soon, hopefully when they release the o/d out with the updates will hopefully fix your problem, with some luck so stay tuned. Martin check the rexe thread just posted another thing you can try before you give up

Thanks Pete, I haven't quite given up yet. :smile:

Thanks Pete, I haven't quite given up yet. :smile:

Good to hear that martin glad you havnt i havnt yet as well trying to find a solution for your trouble, head over to the rex forum on your thread tim has chimmed in your problem now

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

AS2012 is currently on sale at €41.64 at Simmarket until the 30/6/2012. And it is only €23.79 as an upgrade if you have had a previous version of ASE. Note that REX is not even listed as a weather engine on Simmarket (for good reason in my opinion).

Thats good couldnt see why would you pay again for the same product again when you already got it even though its an update

Peter kelberg

Were you happy to pay again for PMDG 737? I was. If a software vendor doesn't charge for a rewrite (not a fix or update, they should be free), then why would they bother to do the rewrite in the first place. There would be no commercial gain. Say I made hammers for a living and you bought one from me. If the head broke, you would expect me to put it right and if I didn't you would be reluctent to deal with me again. But if I come up with a new and improved hammer, would you expect me to give it for you free?