Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

REX Essential released

Lol i didnt pay again for the pmdg 737 dont know where you got that from , if your happy to pay again for ase than iam glad for you iam glad that rex looks after their customers

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Worst analogy ever; I lost 7 IQ points just from glancing at it. Now I'm going to concentrate on the sound of one hand clapping, and listening for trees falling in a forest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

Worst analogy ever; I lost 7 IQ points just from glancing at it. Now I'm going to concentrate on the sound of one hand clapping, and listening for trees falling in a forest.

Only 7 thought you might have lost more you going to have to resit your iq test again.:)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Sorry for being a smart-&@($*; I may have been wearing the wobbly boot at the time. But I am overprotective of REX. I have zero, NONE, of the problems some have reported, and I find their commitment to their customers second to none. Or at least tied with PMDG.

Brian Johnson

i9-9900K (OC 5.0), ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390, Nvidia 2080Ti, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3000MHz, OS on Samsung 860 EVO 1TB M.2, P3D on SanDisk Ultra 3D NAND 2TB SSD

Yea same here no troubles at all, people that are having problems is due to the fact that they didnt follow the correct removal/installation procedures.. Maybe they should have posted their problem in the correct forum if they did than they would have recieved the correct help they needed. Since rexe has only been out for a few weeks now, they expect it to be bug free which amuses me since when do addons come out bug free the first time.

Peter kelberg

I don't really have any trouble with rex essentials initially working, although it tends to 'hang' quite a bit when switching between the tabs. The main gripe I have at the moment is the real world weather being way off. In Auckland today, weve had rain, wind, rain, wind and huge black storm clouds across the city and airport. So I had a spare moment and tested rex essentials and loaded a saved approach in the ngx into NZAA. What I found was relatively clear skies, no rain and relatively calm winds. I guess the only thing it got right was the wind direction as the runway in use was the one being used in real world at the present time. So not sure what is going on tbh.

if you would have read in the rex forum about your problem is that its going to be fixed with the release of the rexe o/d update with all the known fixes of problems that users have been having including yours so hopefully its not to far off so just hang in there and it be fixed in the next update

Peter kelberg

I'm flying between EGLL and Madeira at the moment, so far my issues seem to be fixed as pete will know.

Crossing my fingers.

I would second the excellent support provided by REX. I would also commend the product, precisely why a wrote a complimentary REX review when it was first relesed.

Yea i agree about the support at rex and the users that offer help glad you got your problem solved

Peter kelberg

i once purchased REX 2 in a DVD box from a retailer (aviation megastore)

Does this mean this free essentials update doesn't apply to me and i have to wait for another update to be released later?

Thanks

Antoine v Heck
---
Ryzen 5800X3D, 32Gb DDR4 RAM@1600 Mhz, RTX3090 (24GB VRAM). 2TB SSD - VR with Quest 2 via link cable 

i once purchased REX 2 in a DVD box from a retailer (aviation megastore)

Does this mean this free essentials update doesn't apply to me and i have to wait for another update to be released later?

Thanks

you need to be verified first on the rex forum first if you havnt yet, and their are pinned topics and all the information is on the rex forums, if you got further questions just post them on the rex forum in the correct forum

Peter kelberg

I just installed REX essentials, and now FSX will not open. I am running windows 7 and have FSX in the route C:/. Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks Steff

I just installed REX essentials, and now FSX will not open. I am running windows 7 and have FSX in the route C:/. Anyone have any ideas.

Thanks Steff

0.backup fsx.cfg and your controls config file

1. Uninstall fsx sp2 

2. delete fsx.cfg

3.run fsx repair from CD

4.Re install fsx sp2

5. Restore your controls file