Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Richard Sennett

REX Essential released

REX Essential released - heads up Guys get it at Flightsim store updates your older REX Purchase to Essential.

Cant wait to get it this afternoon after i get home from work! it will add just that extr dimension onto the experience and NGXim%20Not%20Worthy.gif

I take it because I have overdrive installed I have to wait for a different update version, or fully uninstall REX 2.0 + Overdrive?

I take it because I have overdrive installed I have to wait for a different update version, or fully uninstall REX 2.0 + Overdrive?

Where do you buy it from? FSS?

Yeah

Go on the REX forums, they have instructions there. Or, you can just log on to your FSS account, and redownload REX as it will be Essentials already. You must uninstall REX and REX Overdrive before you install ESS.

LOVE IT!! An evening takeoff with the New Rex Essentials. Smoothest flight yet....

2njd0dt.jpg

14m8fna.jpg

knokh.jpg

fx6vk9.jpg

2vayxw5.jpg

Ah crap I ordered REX2 as a DVD which they posted to me... can I re-download it from FSS?

I am interested in frame rate/smoothness improvements, noticable?

Go on the REX forums, they have instructions there. Or, you can just log on to your FSS account, and redownload REX as it will be Essentials already. You must uninstall REX and REX Overdrive before you install ESS.

Yeah thanks, I logged into FSS and saw it available in my order but I think I will wait until the Essentials + Overdrive update version is available, plus I read read in the REX forum the servers are under very heavy strain (18,000 hits every 3 seconds!) so I wont add to that . :)

EDIT great pics above!

Cheers gents! It would be great to hear your feedback in our forums.

Its AHHMAZING!!! Smoothest flight experience yet! Great loading transitions with the weather. The clounds look amazing and better yet, my system doesnt get bogged down going through heavy clounds and rain! Makes the CAT III approaches so fun and keeps me on my toes!!

And the fact that is is free to REX users?!? All i can say is THANK YOU. And thank you for the diligent work!

Cheers,

Aaron

Downloading now.....

Uninstall REX from the control panel and install REX Essentials???

Aaron, thank you for that mini-review :D Glad you are enjoying!

Rich, I saw these on our forum, nice ones!

Peter, are you installing the UPGRADE or FULL version?

Does it create a better weather experience then active sky 2012?

Yeah,

I would like to know if it is worth saying bye bye to active sky [2012?]

Yeah,

I would like to know if it is worth saying bye bye to active sky [2012?]

Good question only you can decide what to do :) just check out the photos that are coming out now and compare them with active sky than decide is it worth the change

Good question only you can decide what to do :) just check out the photos that are coming out now and compare them with active sky than decide is it worth the change

I am pretty decided that rex is the way to go on textures, its just if the weather engine can compare, the active sky engine is fantastic

I am pretty decided that rex is the way to go on textures, its just if the weather engine can compare, the active sky engine is fantastic

think that now the essential pack is up with active sky now or even better (imo) just check out the rex forum threads on the essential pack on what it does with the weather etc