Sign in to follow this  
Poncho

LCD display sometimes not working?

I think it's called the HSI or horizontal situation indicator. Anyway it's the top LCD display gauge situated between the Air speed indicator and the altimiter. Sometimes it comes on and works fine and sometimes when I start a flight it doesn't and I'm not sure why. When it doesn't work, it still shows things in the display like the words "Rockwell 1995", the icon for my airplane, "FD" and "GPS" inside a red squares, but it doesn't show the ground or the horizon, it's just all black. There is a few switches inside the cockpit that I don't know what they do, but none of them seem to have any effect on this gauge/display. I wonder if this is operator or if there is a problem with C90B's?

FWIW I always start my flights with a cold and dark cockpit, and noticed on this last flight although everything was cold and dark, the default C90B GPS was on in the panel. Again I don't know why.

Anyway the HSI is a fairly important gauge to have, anybody know why mine might not be working properly? Thanks.

Love Airplanes and American Muscle Cars

I also have the same problem sometimes? If I change to the same aircraft but a different livery it then seems to work when the aircraft is loaded again....I think it's a bug!

Cheers

Martin

I have FSUICP set to unlimited battery life so that can't be it! Let's hope in the next patch it gets fixed!

I have had the same. It takes it a bit of time to initialize, but sometimes does not finish. I found that switching the master avionics switch off and then back on works. Funny, reminds me of having to tap the face of the tachometer of my '69 MGB sports car to bring ithe tach to life after starting the car.

Seems if I have already turned on my GPS before noticing the HSI issue and toggling the avionics switch, the GPS comes back up on its own. i.e. GPS does not need its own restart. I am using the RXP 430.

N5590T-KSUS-M.jpg

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Avionics master switch off then on works for me too.

Dave

Its what happens when you buy used. Co-workers call this "Combinations".. "Any Combinations I should know about this machine??", "yea, only pump the gas twice to start her up.. anymore and you'll be waiting".

Yes! In the T41 I learned to fly in we had to thump three of the instruments with a finger snap to "wake" them up! Same thing today with my 1969 MGB sportscar's tach.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

ffpilot: Anit that sumthing? Things like that make me believe machines are, indeed, alive.