Sign in to follow this  

Hi , my name is murat and I've just regestered in avsim form. ( my english is not good , so sory if I do mistake )

5 days ago I had new system . ( P8 z77-V ---i5 2500K--gtx 560TI---force 3GT 60 GB SSD---cooler master haf 912 with 750 watt psu---gskill 8 gb 1866 Mhz DDR3 ram--1 tb cavair black WD )

I bought SSD for to do cashing with 1 TB cavair black . first before the windows 7 64 bit, I got bios and made sata raid 0. then on the first selection I selected SSD next I see the ssd to 1 tb cavair for to use fast read. finally ı did safty mod ( the SSD write immedialy to 1 tb when I save any data. I choissed it. it was first step) after finished all confirugation which asus motherboord shows to us for smart response the system need to start. when start the system black page seems and red line then fastly gone and restart system. so I couldnt do it.

I diceded about that problem , ı said my self, I have to set sata with raid 0 because if anyone can help me about that, I can use smart response. And FSX and all addon complete succesfull. the system working at 4.5 MHZ . everything is good without smart response. I read motherboord book. Unfortunately I cant understand what ı need..

What I should do and where I've made a mistake...

thank you for help me .

bast regards

I didn't know the Z77 motherboards could do SRT. I thought they were only found on the Z68 chipset.

You need to make sure your hard drives are in RAID mode in BIOS. After that Windows needs to be reinstalled.

There is a hack that requires registry hacking, but that method only worked after one reboot. I would reinstall with RAID mode already enabled.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

thank you for your answer. Absolutely I'm sure. I did raid 0 . Also I've seen in book we need to raid 0. Firstly I did OmniAtlas. if I need to reinstall and again set win 7, I dont wanna do that. Because FSX is giving good performance. I can do next format. something is wrong but what ? :(

Murat, do you have the latest drivers?

"For SRT to function, your system must have a compatible chipset, the system's storage controller must be configured for RAID mode, and you must install the proper Rapid Storage Technology drivers (version 10.5 or later)."

http://www.pcworld.c...technology.html

Try Google Translate, if you can´t read the above instructions from PC World.

thank you for your answer. Absolutely I'm sure. I did raid 0 . Also I've seen in book we need to raid 0. Firstly I did OmniAtlas. if I need to reinstall and again set win 7, I dont wanna do that. Because FSX is giving good performance. I can do next format. something is wrong but what ? :sad:

I tried enabling RAID after installing windows 7 on ACPI mode set HD, it didn't work so well, and the only way I could get Windows to boot was to do do a registry hack; I had issues with the hack, my subsequent reboots didn't work.

I suggest a reinstall after first setting the controller to RAID. Backup your data first.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Hi Ali ,

thank you that link. It probably can help me. Very very understandable. ı've read all of page and I've understand 90 percent. At the moment I'm on the office. When I arrived at home I'll try. also I've set Win 7 64 bit with Raid 0 mode. once I have to upgrade SRT drivers . another all drivers are actual. if I will have any problem I'll return to topic :)

OmniAtlas also thank you too you.

I'm very happy to meet as you kindly friends.

best regards.

@OmniAtlas: No, a reinstall is not needed!

I just updated the BIOS on my P8Z68-V, and used this procedure, pls. note item (4):

(1) Enter OS, and ensure Intel Smart Response Technology has been turned off under Intel Rapid Storage Technology interface.

(2) Install version Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver to version 10.8.0.1003.

(3) Reboot the system, and update BIOS to version 3304, then reboot.

(4) Enter the BIOS setup screen, press F5 to load BIOS default, then change the Intel SATA Port to RAID mode.

(5) Boot into OS, and re-enable Intel Smart Response Technology under Intel Rapid Storage Technology.

@Murat: Do you have the latest BIOS for that board?

http://support.asus....Bep6fu3PbH0d2BW

Yep , I've already install. just we didint do upgrade srt driver, it's still old version.

Ok so do I right understand ? if I set sata with raid mode I dont need reinstall windows ?

if so , I can try your advance. but importat one, my windows and fsx curently wil have not to broke...this is very important :) because I install al program and fsx with my friend. I can't that work without my friend as stabel as he done...

Yeah, maybe you´re right, what I posted was only the procedure for the latest BIOS update, where the OS was already installed in RAID mode.

Sorry bout that confusion...