Sign in to follow this  
WR269

Scripts and Flows

Hi David, great stuff I have been looking for J41 scripts and flows, please make them available.

Can they be emailed?

Phil

Hi David, great stuff I have been looking for J41 scripts and flows, please make them available.

Can they be emailed?

Phil

Hi,

Thanks for the comments Will. The J41 is more challenging to fly than the NGX, you don't get a nice easy VNav FMC profile to fly, you have to work out the rates.  Not to mention adhering to crossing restrictions Radar Contact gives us! B)

Phil, yes I think they could be sent in a Zip file. 

When I get home to my flight sim PC I will try to put them up on Avsim Libs. It doesn't look to difficult, just need to put a txt file in the Zip with instructions how to install it, which you all know, being MCE users!

Some of the scripts do have .wav files attached to them. So I will have to search these out and include them. Keen viewers will have spotted that when I tell the 1st officer for "Landing Continue", at decision height,  then Maggie or Stella checks the cabin and reports to us that its all secured for landing.  There's no magic to this, anyone can add a .wav file in any part of any script. That's why MCE is just so good. No other program gives us such creative features.

Cheers,

David

Hi chaps,

Just uploaded to Avsim Libs, under Flight Simulator X Miscellaneous files is the BAE Jetstream41 script.

Its got the checklists as well if anyone wants the working read and do checklists.

Just follow the instructions in the text file and there you go.

EDIT. If you don't want my Preflight briefing in the script then just delete "PIC Preflight Brief.wav from the sound folder and the script. You could record your own, if you want, this is an authentic brief from the flight line!

Best Regards

David

Great stuff David, many thanks!

Sent from my Mobile thing

Cheers Will,

There is one issue which is a known one for the scripts in the J41.

In the "Clean up please" flow after landing, Flaps Up will be ignored. It works via direct speech command but not when scripted.  We need to replace that command with "Retract Flaps". Rather than upload another script its probably easier for you to alter the line anyway.

The only other thing is, if anyone has trouble with the "Start Locks Please" script flow, repeat it again. If you still don't hear the PMDG cockpit voice "Start locks removed", then add an extra "Start Locks On" line in the script followed by a pause, then "idle", you should see the levers coming back slowly until the cockpit voice announces "start locks removed.

I haven't been flying the J41 for a while and I must say going back to it its as lovely as ever. Having to control your vertical speed by either VS or Speed Hold is a nice change! I know there's the Dash 8 but I personally like the Jetstream, its a beaut and a challenge to fly well.  B)

A little rumour is  the FS++  may add cargo doors handling to the J41, then you won't need the Ramp Manager View to close them .

Cheers

David

Great stuff David, had a disaster at the weekend with a total disk crash. I'm just in the process of installing my scenery the aircraft followed by the bells and whistles.

Looking forward to trying it.

Thanks for sharing.

Best regards

Phil

For those interested in the PMDG J41. I have uploaded an amended script/flow for it.

The new version includes support for some enhancements to the J41 and has one command for all three anti ice systems.

Take a look on my U Tube site (link below in signature) Its the first video and has MCE's First Officer "Lorna" featured! I have used all the new script/flows in the video, so hope you like it.

Feel free to amend/fiddle with any of the scripts as is your want!

Above all have fun and enjoy it, lifes too short not to! B)

Best Regards

David

For those interested in the PMDG J41. I have uploaded an amended script/flow for it.

The new version includes support for some enhancements to the J41 and has one command for all three anti ice systems.

Take a look on my U Tube site (link below in signature) Its the first video and has MCE's First Officer "Lorna" featured! I have used all the new script/flows in the video, so hope you like it.

Feel free to amend/fiddle with any of the scripts as is your want!

Above all have fun and enjoy it, lifes too short not to! B)

Best Regards

David

Great stuff, thanks Dave!

Hello Will, thank you.

There are further enhancements possible with this and other scripts. :rolleyes:

Why MCE is so powerful will become more apparent given time.

I am alluding  to things like checklists which can be made accurately as per airline company rules and/or aircraft manufacturers guidelines. Specifically, read only, read and do, by the Captain, First Officer, (PNF) Pilot not flying, (PF) Pilot Flying, or Both.

Also, by recording speech from willing volunteers and editing them in a simple video editor, there can be sound additions to script flows. e.g. Upon reaching cruise you (The PIC) ask the flight attendant for some food and she (your voice actor/wife/girlfriend/whatever) replies with whatever your imagination can come up with (keeping it clean, or whatever!).

There are possibilities with emergencies. With an engine fire, running a script flow for an engine shutdown (I already did one of these for the UIVER DC2), you could add a sound file for upset and worried passengers or even screaming babies!  Its simple with MCE, just use the "add sound" button to add it to the flow!

Of course this all depends on what the user (Pilot in command, i.e.you ) wants from the simulation?

All the facilities for this are in MCE. You can not achieve this level of realism in any other product. Trouble is you require imagination and/or a knowledge of flight checklists and procedures. For those who are not, or have not been members of flight crew, then just Google the info! 

I can add some more specific flows and sounds to the J41, or any FSX aircraft for that matter! But it would be nice for folks to have a go and do their own "thing". After all, with MCE, we have one of the most creative tools available for the flight simulator.

I always said of the genre "imagination is your only limitation".

Best regards

David

• Upvote 1

Hi All, 

I used MCE with the NGX and when calling for certain flows like "Cockpit preparation procedure"  the FO would run through a few items to prep accordingly, that was great.

but now I use the CS 777 with MCE and when calling for the "preliminary preflight procedure" or the "preflight procedure" or any other flow, there is no recognition. these procedure are listed in the MCE Paper tutorials as usable flows according to the FLOWS_CS777.pdf in the MCE "paper tutorials" folder.

Am I doing something wrong or is there an installation problem maybe that is preventing my FO from following the item list in the flow?

I'm using version 1.3 of CS 777 & MCE v2.5.82

thanks 

Hello Trk,

in your documents folder there is a subfolder called MCE.

If you clicked through it till inside the aircraft folder, do you see the CS_B777 listed?

If you don't see them there,then you must run the app wizzard.

Hope this helps

John. 

John Cramer

Hello Trk,

in your documents folder there is a subfolder called MCE.

If you clicked through it till inside the aircraft folder, do you see the CS_B777 listed?

If you don't see them there,then you must run the app wizzard.

Hope this helps

John. 

hi John,

thanks, My documents folder contains the MCE folder but inside the MCE it only has 2 other folders, "Checklists" and "MyVoiceScripts" there is no aircraft folder at all. 

but inside the checklists folder there is a file called CS_777_check_rdr.xml

must I still run the wizard? 

many thanks for your help 

EDIT: 

I ran the app wizard and it still does not allow me to call for the flows, only the checklists. 

hello Trk,

dig further in "myvoxscripts",then copilot,and final aircraft. Here are the CS_B777 folders(and others) located.

I've understood to activate a new plane you should run the wizard.

No need to do the speech thing again!!!!

John

John Cramer

hello Trk,

dig further in "myvoxscripts",then copilot,and final aircraft. Here are the CS_B777 folders(and others) located.

I've understood to activate a new plane you should run the wizard.

No need to do the speech thing again!!!!

John

Many thanks, I found the folder and all the variants expect the LR (which I use) have the flow files... I have copied them from an ER and will see if they work for the LR.

thanks again for the guidance.

have a good day/evening