Sign in to follow this  
WR269

Scripts and Flows

Hi John,

thanks for your help. I had a misconception about how checklists and Voxscript work. I have started to implement the checklist and it seems to work well :)

Once the checklist is completed I will look into Voxscript and share the results when they are ready.

Cheers,

Peter

Hello everybody.

I think it is the right place to ask my question instead of starting new thread.

In Jul-2014 I purchased Aerosoft A32X, When I downloaded it from Aerosoft website it included also MCE (Ver 2.5.70) install which I just recently started to use. The more I use it the more I enjoy it.

Now I want to create my customised flows and VoxScript tool is what I need.

However, I found it is not included to MCE package I have. That is strange, because it has VoxScript manual included in the package, but not the VoxScript itself.

Does anybody has any idea if MCE which comes with A32X is restricted (like LITE version) in some way?

Thank you.

Hello everybody.

I think it is the right place to ask my question instead of starting new thread.

In Jul-2014 I purchased Aerosoft A32X, When I downloaded it from Aerosoft website it included also MCE (Ver 2.5.70) install which I just recently started to use. The more I use it the more I enjoy it.

Now I want to create my customised flows and VoxScript tool is what I need.

However, I found it is not included to MCE package I have. That is strange, because it has VoxScript manual included in the package, but not the VoxScript itself.

Does anybody has any idea if MCE which comes with A32X is restricted (like LITE version) in some way?

Thank you.

No, the only restriction is that the package Aerosoft licensed from us for their users will only work with Aerosoft A320 and A321. Unlike the Ultimate Edition which currently handles 35+ complex aircraft, including almost all PMDG heavies, all Captain Sim, Quality Wings, Feelthere, Majestic and other third party aircraft add-ons.

The Aerosoft licensed package will equally allow you to create custom flows and talk to 3 different ATC systems, Native, Radar Contact and PFE ATC, in addition to interaction with GSX & AES.

Suggest you restore MCE to factory settings

Click Start->All Programs->Multi Crew Experience->Tools->Restore factory settings.

You'll have to go through the wizard again. No need for speech training this time.

Voxscript (which could have been named VoxFlow) feature is actually embedded in the UI.

With one of Aerosoft supported aircraft loaded, go to <Command> tab in UI and click <Voxscript> button.

You should see a list of pre-made flows for that aircraft.

The simplest is to just find out what to say to call-out various flows.... But...

You could edit the trigger sentences so you don't have to remember the exact sentences to speak.

You could add, remove, modify actions within he flow, to match any real world or virtual airline SOPs

You could create custom commands (that aren't part of the stock commands) and make them act as aliases for existing ones.

You could teach co-pilot to understand foreign languages or local slang, I kid you not. :smile:

Your imagination is the limit.

Please note, the custom package we produced for Aerosoft is quite old now and it wasn't tested under Windows 10 or Prepar3D V3.

But we do plan to update it within a month or so.

FS++, thanks a lot for quick reply.

I found the <VoxScript> button in the UI, per your detailed guidance. Will give it a try tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Maxlic

Good morning.

I tested VoxScript and it works OK.

I use it for FSX, Aerosoft A320 Extended.

But, once I started create real airline A320 SOP flows I stuck right in the beginning at "Preliminary Cockpit Preparation" flow very first step.

ENG MASTERS 1, 2..........OFF

I want co-pilot check ENG MASTERS are in the OFF position and announce "ENGINE MASTER 1 OFF, ENGINE MASTER 2 OFF".

So, per David Herky detailed YouTube guide, I was looking to the engine_cmd and AirbusA3XX_cmd files to find correct command (something like ENG MASTER ONE OFF), but there is no such command exist.

Another way is to use VoxKey, but my problem is when I go to FSX Options/Settings/Control menu I can't find default key for ENG MASTER 1(2) OFF/ON selection. It is rather generic, but not Aerosoft A320 featured.

My understanding is that every mouse selection in the cockpit can be assigned to keyboard, and if I find the way to do it will give me opportunity to put everything I want to the flow.

I realise, this question goes beyond MCE topic, but I would appreciate if somebody could suggest how to assign cockpit mouse selection to the keyboard? Or is there any other "elegant" solution for the above problem?

Thank you in advance.

Good morning.

I tested VoxScript and it works OK.

I use it for FSX, Aerosoft A320 Extended.

But, once I started create real airline A320 SOP flows I stuck right in the beginning at "Preliminary Cockpit Preparation" flow very first step.

ENG MASTERS 1, 2..........OFF

I want co-pilot check ENG MASTERS are in the OFF position and announce "ENGINE MASTER 1 OFF, ENGINE MASTER 2 OFF".

So, per David Herky detailed YouTube guide, I was looking to the engine_cmd and AirbusA3XX_cmd files to find correct command (something like ENG MASTER ONE OFF), but there is no such command exist.

Another way is to use VoxKey, but my problem is when I go to FSX Options/Settings/Control menu I can't find default key for ENG MASTER 1(2) OFF/ON selection. It is rather generic, but not Aerosoft A320 featured.

My understanding is that every mouse selection in the cockpit can be assigned to keyboard, and if I find the way to do it will give me opportunity to put everything I want to the flow.

I realise, this question goes beyond MCE topic, but I would appreciate if somebody could suggest how to assign cockpit mouse selection to the keyboard? Or is there any other "elegant" solution for the above problem?

Thank you in advance.

No need to assign mouse click to keyboard click, nor is there a need to use Voxkey for driving cockpit items on fully supported aircraft like Aerosoft A320/A321

There is an elegant solution.

Simply add these to the "Preliminary Cockpit Preparation" flow

fuel lever engine one off

Notify=engine master one off

fuel lever engine two off

Notify=engine master two off

It is possible to get MCE to understand your verbiage "engine master one off". For that you need to use a little known capability provided by Voxscript.

The ability to add any fancy command and make it act like an alias for an existing command.

Go to <Voxscript> panel and create a new one. Name it with the trigger sentence "engine master one off".

When listed, select it and click <Edit>

Because this isn't going to trigger a flow, just press <Edit flow commands> in next screen.

Add the existing command "close fuel lever one" or "fuel lever one off".

Optionally add a notification "engine master one off"

Don't forget to save.

From then on, speaking the direct command "engine master one off" would be the same as saying "fuel lever one off" and FO will understand it.

In theory, you would have been able to add "engine master one off" to any other flow. 

Unfortunately, right now, we only allow one flow execution at a time. And when FO gets to that particular item, he'll see it as another flow and will say something like "Can only do that when done with current flow".

At the moment, only Voxkey defined commands can be executed as part of another flow.

But direct commands using natural speech will work anytime. You can even create fancy commands such as "don't forget to do that thing with the lights" and define what you mean by that.

You cannot script commands that include digits, such as "set speed two fifty".

Thanks a lot for quick reply, Gerald.

Not everything works as you explaned. Some commands, which I took directly from Command files could not be recognised. As I understand "notify=engine master one off" should be typed directly in the script file, not in the VoxScript UI, right? Before asking more questions I will give it a proper try tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Max

Thanks a lot for quick reply, Gerald.

As I understand "notify=engine master one off" should be typed directly in the script file, not in the VoxScript UI, right? Before asking more questions I will give it a proper try tomorrow.

Thanks again.

Max

Do you see a <notify> button in Voxscript UI under "Script commands"?

Can't remember if that was in there when the Aerosoft package was produced. In any case it will be updated to match the current Ultimate Edition development state.

If you can see the button, click it and type engine master one off.

In the actual script file it will be saved as Notify=engine master one off.

It's best to type commands in the UI because it enforces a few rules. For instance when editing the file directly it is tempting to write "engine master 1 off" which leads to command not recognized. 

The UI won't let you type digits, will restrict the length of the sentence to a preset maximum value, and won't allow capitals, etc...

Good evening Gerald.

As usually thank you for reply.

No, there is no <notify> button, only <Add command>, <Add sound>, <Add pause>.

I found actual script file and typed <Notify=engine master one off>, and some other things I want to be announced. So, I modifyed raw script file and put there whole flow I want to see. But 1/2 of it doesn't work.

Also, I was using comand wording from comand files, but not every command works. For example "flaps retract" doesn't work, but "slats retract" works! Another example "ecam display" doesn't work, but "system display" works. Both options mentioned in the AirbusA3XX_cmd file.

I don't know there these commands extracted from for AirbusA3XX_cmd file, but in my opinion there are many commands missing for the A320/330/340 series (for example <engine master 1/2 off/on>, or <pack flow normal/lo/hi>) and some other are not per existing Airbus 320 FCOM/SOP.

I'm again coming to the conclusion, that if I knew every script command related to every mouse click or every selection in A320 cockpit that would resolve my problems.

Or, I am doing something wrong.

Max

Good evening Gerald.

As usually thank you for reply.

No, there is no <notify> button, only <Add command>, <Add sound>, <Add pause>.

I found actual script file and typed <Notify=engine master one off>, and some other things I want to be announced. So, I modifyed raw script file and put there whole flow I want to see. But 1/2 of it doesn't work.

Also, I was using comand wording from comand files, but not every command works. For example "flaps retract" doesn't work, but "slats retract" works! Another example "ecam display" doesn't work, but "system display" works. Both options mentioned in the AirbusA3XX_cmd file.

I don't know there these commands extracted from for AirbusA3XX_cmd file, but in my opinion there are many commands missing for the A320/330/340 series (for example <engine master 1/2 off/on>, or <pack flow normal/lo/hi>) and some other are not per existing Airbus 320 FCOM/SOP.

I'm again coming to the conclusion, that if I knew every script command related to every mouse click or every selection in A320 cockpit that would resolve my problems.

Or, I am doing something wrong.

Max

Thanks.

<Notify> feature was added after Aerosoft package was built, therefore right now, don't know if manually adding those statements would cause some side effects. MCE wouldn't be able to handle them. It will however when package is updated very soon (Within a month I'd say).

Even the current Ultimate Edition has no provision for handling A330 and A340. We need to support at least one aircraft before new commands are introduced, say for A330 hydraulic peculiar panel. The commands themselves are just there to be recognized. The co-pilot needs to go through a type rating in order to teach him how to read and set various switches.

Voxkey, when used would only send a key combo, without checking item correct state, that's why we don't recommend it for cockpit operation on fully supported aircraft.

Be aware, MCE dynamically enables/disables specific commands based on detected aircraft.

Will check why "flaps retract" isn't working. 

"Ecam display" doesn't work because it's incomplete command. Try "Ecan display APU", "Ecam show fuel" etc....

Agree, A320 should be "polished" before moving to A330/A340.

Ref <ecam display apu (fuel, etc)>, that was the way I entered command, sorry for not being clear. And with word <ecam> it didn't work. It worked if I replaced <ecam> with word <system>.

In some cases I could get it working  looking to the existing default script files and taking script commands from there.

Sorry to insist with my favorite <engine mode selector>, but AirbusA3XX_cmd file has over 20 commands related to "control engine ignition" and none of these commands is correct for A320. Some other commands in this cmd file have no relation to A320 (maybe for A330/340?)

What should be done is we should go through every switch on every panel and assign correct commands per A230 FCOM/SOP, so the MCE experience will be even more intuitive and enjoyable. For example <engine mode selector normal/crank/ignition>.

Is there any way to do it at user level? Or it can be done only by MCE developers?

Thank you,

Max

Agree, A320 should be "polished" before moving to A330/A340.

Ref <ecam display apu (fuel, etc)>, that was the way I entered command, sorry for not being clear. And with word <ecam> it didn't work. It worked if I replaced <ecam> with word <system>.

In some cases I could get it working  looking to the existing default script files and taking script commands from there.

Sorry to insist with my favorite <engine mode selector>, but AirbusA3XX_cmd file has over 20 commands related to "control engine ignition" and none of these commands is correct for A320. Some other commands in this cmd file have no relation to A320 (maybe for A330/340?)

What should be done is we should go through every switch on every panel and assign correct commands per A230 FCOM/SOP, so the MCE experience will be even more intuitive and enjoyable. For example <engine mode selector normal/crank/ignition>.

Is there any way to do it at user level? Or it can be done only by MCE developers?

Thank you,

Max

That's how it's done.

Apart from a few switches that were left out (and we could add them too), the FO has the type rating to handle most of them. To make it flexible, we create a few speech variations for handling a particular switch. The user can then either learn the command, or create his/her own command to handle the switch which will act as an alias for an existing command. The FO will handle the custom command because he knows it's the same command as the one he has been taught to understand when handling that same switch.

You cannot for instance make up a command for say A330 hydraulic panel and expect him to know what to do, without us giving him the type rating first.

MCE first release was around 2010, at the time it only supported default aircraft and was using TTS voices. Now 35+ complex aircraft are supported, and all of them could have been separate products. Think PMDG 737 NGX, PMDG MD-11 (no SDK), PMDG 747 (no SDK), PMDG J-41, Majestic, CS 767, CS 757, CS 727, QW 146 etc...  (basically any popular aircraft worth multi-crewing). And none of Captain Sim or Quality Wings, Feelthere aircraft has SDK

There is this false assumption that because it supports so many aircraft, it must be generic. Not at all.

The only difference with our competitor, we balked at the idea of putting flight sim enthusiasts through 8 different installations (average user's complex supported aircraft count in the hangar), and we thought better spend our time on actually making things happen (especially with aircraft that don't have SDK), rather than deciding what color the next product box set should look like. Some aircraft take 3 months to interface, others just two or one (when SDK is available).

The result, a single installation, 8 pre-recorded FO voice packs, many common voice commands, and the flexibility to speak naturally (to some extent).

The limitation right now, and it can be lifted, is that custom commands created in Voxscript as aliases can only be handled as direct commands. Will see if it's possible to handle those as part of another running flow without getting the FO mixed-up. At the moment he's purposely set to only handle one flow at a time.

Commands such as "flaps retract" "ecam display fuel" etc... are working on the Ultimate Edition. It's just a matter of updating the grammar files on the Aerosoft package.

Expecting to have the update ready for testing in about a week, give or take a few days.

I have to say that MCE is probably the best addon ever made for flight sim, I cant imagine playing my P3D without it... with the plus of having two 5 stars guys like Gerald and Ben behind, always ready to help.

David also as being made an excellent job, with is great videos, and vox scripts, just downloaded the last for the a320 from avsim library and im going to try tomorrow :)

im still not that confortable talking to atc, and im using rc4 now, so I have to train a lot.

Thank you guys.

• Upvote 1

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

hi I have a problem with the Captain Sim 737 script that sets the heading, for some reason when the set heading xxx is given the co just spins the heading bug around endlessly. Set course works fine. Could someone check the script? 

I just purchased MCE, after the trial, and completed my 1st full flight with the CS 707 and have a question on installing (have not installed these yet) David Herkey's Script's and Flows for the 707...which I love from the video's.  My download from FS++ included, what I call a "Cheat Sheet" that listed each flow, on their scripts, so I know what to ask for at each stage.  I noticed that David's do not have this cheat sheet so how do I tell what to say for his new flows and some of his unique requests (ie: coffee)?

Thanks,

Garry Lundberg