Sign in to follow this  
WR269

Scripts and Flows

I just purchased MCE, after the trial, and completed my 1st full flight with the CS 707 and have a question on installing (have not installed these yet) David Herkey's Script's and Flows for the 707...which I love from the video's.  My download from FS++ included, what I call a "Cheat Sheet" that listed each flow, on their scripts, so I know what to ask for at each stage.  I noticed that David's do not have this cheat sheet so how do I tell what to say for his new flows and some of his unique requests (ie: coffee)?

Thanks,

If you navigate to your documents library, mine is"C:\Users\herky\Documents\Multi Crew Experience\MyVoiceScripts\Copilot\Aircraft", then if you open the aircraft you are going to Captain, all the "headings" for the flows are listed. Use these as an aid de memoir until they become second nature.

Better still, why not alter the flow command heading in the Vox Script editor, to something you prefer.

e.g. in my 727-100 flow, the trigger phrase for getting the stewardess to bring us refreshments is ""want a drink"?....Well you can alter that in your Voxscript editor to anything YOU like. Try "Lets have Stella bring us a coffee shall we", after saving this new command as the header for the "want a drink" flow, it will work when you say,"Lets have Stella bring us a coffee shall we".

There is no limit as to what you can do in MCE. Have fun and amend my Avsim Scripts. Try adding new sound files! :wink:

Cheers.

David

There is no limit as to what you can do in MCE.

Absolutely true, that's why we all love it! For example, my copilot sometimes whistle his favourite songs. If you don't believe me, check my video linked below. Actually, it is my first flightsimming video, it includes some mistakes, and I made it primarily for my family and friends, but since the thing that they enjoyed the most was the virtual copilot, I decided to share it here :)

https://youtu.be/x-cf7y_Jruo

Roman Heriban
Prepar3D v4 | Windows 10 | 1080Ti & 8700K at 4800MHz
FSLabs A320, Active Sky + Sky Force 3D, MCE, PF3, ChasePlane, etc.

sbsim.com

Thanks everyone.  I've now had time to play with it more and think I better understand how it works and how to modify...even figured out could open the flow files in notepad to see what they did.  In the process of setting up David's flows now so hope to give them a try by tomorrow.

Makes it as good as the A2A Strat, which has "Heidi" coming in to the flight deck occasionally with meals, coffee (no Latte's in 1952 aircraft), and dessert.

Garry Lundberg

Yes it is a great program. I purchased it awhile ago and love it. But still learning a great deal about the amazing and endless things it contains. Great video. I fly with Jean-Claude and he can get quite nasty at times but he doesn't whistle lol. I wish I had David's abilities he makes it look so easy. 

Captain to First Officer: " I didn't say it was your fault I am just blaming you " 

I fly with Jean-Claude and he can get quite nasty at times but he doesn't whistle lol.

My Jean-Claude likes to whistle "La Marseillaise" :)

Roman Heriban

sbsim.com

Agree, A320 should be "polished" before moving to A330/A340.

Ref <ecam display apu (fuel, etc)>, that was the way I entered command, sorry for not being clear. And with word <ecam> it didn't work. It worked if I replaced <ecam> with word <system>.

In some cases I could get it working  looking to the existing default script files and taking script commands from there.

Sorry to insist with my favorite <engine mode selector>, but AirbusA3XX_cmd file has over 20 commands related to "control engine ignition" and none of these commands is correct for A320. Some other commands in this cmd file have no relation to A320 (maybe for A330/340?)

What should be done is we should go through every switch on every panel and assign correct commands per A230 FCOM/SOP, so the MCE experience will be even more intuitive and enjoyable. For example <engine mode selector normal/crank/ignition>.

Is there any way to do it at user level? Or it can be done only by MCE developers?

Thank you,

Max

We are pleased to report that the MCE package Aerosoft licensed from us for use with their A320/A321 has just been updated to version V2.6.66 

Changelog

- Fully tested under Windows 10

- Fully tested under Prepar3D up to V3.2

- Fully supports latest PF3 ATC (for which there is a Demo)

- Up to date with GSX and AES latest changes.

It is now possible to include aliased commands as part of an existing flow.

To download your copy, either login to your Aerosoft account, or press the >>Click Me<< link (Post #13) on this forum topic

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/81440-mce-update/#comment-582922

This package doesn't require activation. 

It is on a par with Ultimate Edition in terms of functionality and depth. 

The only difference, Ultimate Edition fully supports 36 complex aircraft, in addition to Aerosoft buses.

Unlike previous package, this one is lightweight (mind you it's still about 800 MB download) and comes only with 3 pre-recorded voice packs.

You can download other voice packs here:

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

Question on David's flows in the CS707-300.

First issue I can find is with the command "dc volt meter select two" on the "after start flow".  I noticed the engineer does not say it and the subject switch does not move.  Also when I test it in the editor it says can not find command.   However I found if I say the exact same thing, than the switch moves.  I have tried several derivations but nothing works.  I also don't find this command in the original set of commands.

Second issue is with the "Shutdown Flow"...where we have shut down 3 of the engines and then attempt to connect to the ground mechanic (GSX) for external power before shutting down engine 3...get a reply that I must shut down all engines before contacting ground.  I know your flow is correct in actual operation (I asked a retired 707 captain) but the sim won't allow.

Any insight on these?

Otherwise I love these flows.  Thanks for your work.

Garry Lundberg

However I found if I say the exact same thing, than the switch moves.

This is a good example to show why sometimes scripted commands aren't recognised.

The built-in command in the speech grammar is "dc voltmeter select two" (without the space char between volt and meter".

When spoken, the command is picked up. When simulated, it appears as if it doesn't exist.

You will come across such things. Like when a word is written with or without dash (-) character, or when a plural of the word is used instead of single. I mean an extra "s" to a word when the grammar doesn't expect it that way.

When you get the message about command not recognized, simply look at what you have written, and keep what I mentioned above in mind.

My Jean-Claude likes to whistle "La Marseillaise" :)

No I dont whistle la Marseillaise!... I am Swiss!!!

And it's better for you I dont whistle anyway, most of the time it would be out of tune...

Enjoy your flight.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the prompt reply...great customer service.

I thought I had tried making voltmeter one word but tried it again...still same result.  I even copied the line from your reply and pasted it into the command document and saved it...still no recognition nor does it work.  Again when I say it, it works fine.

Any ideas?

Second question.  I saw that the commands are located both in the "documents" area of the computer and in the "Program Files (x86) area.  When I make a change in VoxScript it changes the file in the "documents" area...but not in the "Program Files (x86)" area.  Doesn't seem to make any difference as after I make some revisions I then did a test flight and followed each flow and they worked per my changes.  So my question is should the two areas have the exact same flows and commands in them or can they be allowed to be different.

I'm operating with Windows 10, if that's important.

Thanks.

Garry Lundberg

No I dont whistle la Marseillaise!... I am Swiss!!!

And it's better for you I dont whistle anyway, most of the time it would be out of tune...

Enjoy your flight.

I apologize and will adjust my script  :smile:

Roman Heriban

sbsim.com

Although "dc voltmeter select two" does not work as a command flow..."dc meter select tr two" does work as a command flow.  I have no idea what a "tr" is...but it works.

Garry Lundberg

Although "dc voltmeter select two" does not work as a command flow..."dc meter select tr two" does work as a command flow.  I have no idea what a "tr" is...but it works.

TR is aviation jargon for Transformer Rectifier.

Transformer Rectifier combines the functions of a transformer and a rectifier. The TR converts the AC power generated by the engine or APU generators or provided by a Ground Power Unit to DC power.

If you look at the voltmeter rotary closely, you should see the label.

Thanks...your correct, the tr is on the switch...never looked that close.  Got the clue to try it when I saw what the reply said after I just told it "dc voltmeter select two"...the tr was in the reply so I change the command to read like the reply and it worked.

Thanks.

Garry Lundberg