Sign in to follow this  
WR269

Scripts and Flows

Gerald,

Thanks for the response. However I believe I wasn't clear in what I was asking.  I think what I meant to say was is there a way for me to program the copilot to automatically do something at a specific altitude without a verbal command from me? For example, on approach the copilot knows when he is at 500 feet above the ground, he says "500 feet or when 1000 feet above or below an altitude he says "1000 to go"  or when approaching minimums on an ILS approach he says "minimums" without any interaction from me.  So I assumed that there was possibly somewhere in the ini file I could program an altitude to trigger an event.  So in my previous post the altitude in this case 10000 feet would trigger the copilot to turn the landing lights on or off automatically without me saying anything.  Not a problem, just a question.

Thanks again for a great product.

Tony

5 hours ago, Fighter Guy said:

Gerald,

Thanks for the response. However I believe I wasn't clear in what I was asking.  I think what I meant to say was is there a way for me to program the copilot to automatically do something at a specific altitude without a verbal command from me? For example, on approach the copilot knows when he is at 500 feet above the ground, he says "500 feet or when 1000 feet above or below an altitude he says "1000 to go"  or when approaching minimums on an ILS approach he says "minimums" without any interaction from me.  So I assumed that there was possibly somewhere in the ini file I could program an altitude to trigger an event.  So in my previous post the altitude in this case 10000 feet would trigger the copilot to turn the landing lights on or off automatically without me saying anything.  Not a problem, just a question.

Thanks again for a great product.

Tony

Unfortunately, it'snot possible, because as far as the simulator is concerned, there is no "event" passing 10 000 (climbing or descending).

The only way to achieve that is by constantly monitoring the altitude.against the 10000 reference, and then would have to hard code what you expect Fo to do which may not be what the other user wants.

There are things that trigger events like when retracting spoilers. The sim notifies your app about that event without you having to constantly check the spoiler handle.

Is there a PDF available for the flows for the FF A350 ? iv been using the generic A3XX one but some things are different, also there are extra flows for the A350 which im unsure where they are supposed to be implemented. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Gaz

22 minutes ago, gaz2644 said:

Is there a PDF available for the flows for the FF A350 ? iv been using the generic A3XX one but some things are different, also there are extra flows for the A350 which im unsure where they are supposed to be implemented. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Gaz

There isn't one as very few people read them. And the moment you modify a flow by adding or removing an item, the doc is out of synch

Add to that, little is known about the A350 (only a handful of airlines have it).

Although we replaced the built-in checklist (that isn't a proper checklist, more like here is a step by step on how to proceed) with something that resembles an ECl, it's still not the real deal.

We are eager to speak someone who may have the real world A350 ECL.

See this thread: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/106047-anyone-has-a-real-world-checklist-for-this-aircraft/&tab=comments#comment-1045466

14 minutes ago, FS++ said:

There isn't one as very few people read them. And the moment you modify a flow by adding or removing an item, the doc is out of synch

Add to that, little is known about the A350 (only a handful of airlines have it).

Although we replaced the built-in checklist (that isn't a proper checklist, more like here is a step by step on how to proceed) with something that resembles an ECl, it's still not the real deal.

We are eager to speak someone who may have the real world A350 ECL.

See this thread: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/106047-anyone-has-a-real-world-checklist-for-this-aircraft/&tab=comments#comment-1045466

Would be awesome if you could get hold of one. TBH, im finding the generic A3XX one ok, i use the new checklist and its working fine, im just finding out what the FO leaves out and what i have to do as part of the procedures.

On 2/5/2018 at 3:57 AM, FS++ said:

Unfortunately, it'snot possible, because as far as the simulator is concerned, there is no "event" passing 10 000 (climbing or descending).

The only way to achieve that is by constantly monitoring the altitude.against the 10000 reference, and then would have to hard code what you expect Fo to do which may not be what the other user wants.

There are things that trigger events like when retracting spoilers. The sim notifies your app about that event without you having to constantly check the spoiler handle.

With the Zibo 737 and probably the default 737 there is an "event" at 10000 feet. If the seat belt sign is set to "Auto", a tone will sound when crossing 10000 ft.