Sign in to follow this  
WR269

Scripts and Flows

Thanks David,

Love to watch your vid's :P.

Regards John

Its a pleasure John.

I enjoyed the Flight Sim hobby before I discovered MCE. But now with MCE's creativity, not to mention the truly excellent support and work they do, its a personal challenge to get flows real world spot on. I am honoured that some folks take the time to look at the flows in the vids (which are always full flights).

BTW, I heard that a video tutorial was asked for, on how to do a Vox Script.

I am afraid the way I have FSX set up precludes using FRAPS to do any recording. Since MCE needs to be open and in sim, its not possible to do a video tutorial.

I simply have the aircraft flight manual open as well as the MCE commands list (separate monitor). Then its a case of following real world flows, as far as possible, to create a flight deck script. Using the MCE Vox Script "test" button to ensure the written Vox script command works!

If anything's missing from the switches on the flight deck. A certain person called Ben can make any switch accessible to voice (Vox script). The guy can even make the passenger tables fold down on command.... :P B)  And he doesn't even have a magic wand! ^_^

Cheers

David

Hi all Boeing 707 Captains! (well, Captain Sim Captains that is:lol: )

I have posted my Scripts and flows for the MCE supported CS 707. Its up an Avsim Libs. Just search for "David Herky".

Latest Video offering is up on You Tube.

Its a full flight, but you will see what's in the Avsim files. MCE gives us a fully working Triple Crew Flight Deck!

Now where was that Doppler Switch? :lol: :P

Best Regards

David

Great stuff Dave! I will put them to good use.

Sent from my Mobile thing

Hi, I've been trying both David's CS 727 and CS 707 scripts but only getting partial success. In both aircraft a lot of the switches arn't being operated, the altitude in the 727 isn't being set the heading and course isn't being set in the 707, just as a couple of examples. I followed the instructions regarding the folder locations to copy to and to run the app afterwards. The checklist defaults to generic jet for both the aircraft but I have manually changed them to the correct CS 727 or 707 checklists. At startup I have to force flight mode each time. Is there something I might have missed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peebee

Hi, I've been trying both David's CS 727 and CS 707 scripts but only getting partial success. In both aircraft a lot of the switches arn't being operated, the altitude in the 727 isn't being set the heading and course isn't being set in the 707, just as a couple of examples. I followed the instructions regarding the folder locations to copy to and to run the app afterwards. The checklist defaults to generic jet for both the aircraft but I have manually changed them to the correct CS 727 or 707 checklists. At startup I have to force flight mode each time. Is there something I might have missed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Peebee

OK, a few things worth checking...

Support for CS 727 & CS 707 has only been added less than a couple of months ago, therefore, make sure you run the latest version

http://www.multicrewxp.com/Downloads.html

When done with installation, run the application wizard.

Go to your simulator folder, be it P3D or FSX and check you have a folder called <MCE dlls> in there.

Inside it, there should be 2 crucial dlls that allow FO to interact with those aicraft

mccs72X.dll

mccs707X.dll

727 is also supported under FS9. The dll to look for is called "mccs729.dll"

Without those dlls there, nothing will happen even if FO or Flight Engineer acknowlege commands.

Finally, be aware, if Windows UAC is enabled, you MUST comply with 2 requirements

MCE MUST be installed to default C:\Program Files...\ folder

The simulator main executable (fsx.exe, Prepar3D.exe or fs9.exe) must be set to run as admin.

Otherwise, Windows will prevent MCE communicating with FS.

No such requirement when UAC is disabled. However, don't advocate disabling UAC unless you have to for other considerations.

Thanks for that the .dll's wern't in place I've downloaded and installed the latest 2.602 update and all is fine now. David's scripts are working spot on.

Thanks for your advice.

Peebee

Hi all,

still having fun with this program, last time I reinstalled it  I saw it comes with flows for my ifly 737 (fs9) already. so I decided to test them, and even if a bit slow in the execution (but maybe trav is just one of those line training guys), they were generally ok. 

The problem is that it seems to misunderstood some commands, for example it tries to "push irs position button" instead of setting position lights and tries to start the engines (and, smart enough, tells me that they are running already) every time he has to change the engine start selector position (eg to select "continuos" or going back to "auto").

Could it be that I have to set those functions to a specific key combination to work in the flows and\or in the sim itself?

thanks!

Hi all,

still having fun with this program, last time I reinstalled it  I saw it comes with flows for my ifly 737 (fs9) already. so I decided to test them, and even if a bit slow in the execution (but maybe trav is just one of those line training guys), they were generally ok. 

The problem is that it seems to misunderstood some commands, for example it tries to "push irs position button" instead of setting position lights and tries to start the engines (and, smart enough, tells me that they are running already) every time he has to change the engine start selector position (eg to select "continuos" or going back to "auto").

Could it be that I have to set those functions to a specific key combination to work in the flows and\or in the sim itself?

thanks!

Always good to hear you're enjoying the Multi Crew Experience.

The iFly 737 is fully supported. We have control on almost every single switch.

There is no need to create keyboard combinations to trigger things, unless they are for other things than aircraft control.

Maybe need to be more familiar with existing stock commands.

Start switches to continuous relight

Start switches off

Start switches to flight start

etc...

If you don't want to memorise existing voice commands, you could create your own and make them behave as aliases for existing commands.

You may want to calibrate your mike on MCE startup. If you have a noisy cockpit, FO could end up "hearing things" :-))

Remember, speech profile training is usually performed against a completely silent background.

sorry my post wasn't clear.

the "misunderstanding" happens during the flows that come with mce, not after voice commands. 

I will probably  edit them in the future to make them like my company's SOPs, but I wanted to try them as they are for the time being. So I wanted to know how they work/don't work.

I will try to see if I get the f/o to operate those switches by giving direct commands, if it can help.

Thanks!

sorry my post wasn't clear.

the "misunderstanding" happens during the flows that come with mce, not after voice commands. 

I will probably  edit them in the future to make them like my company's SOPs, but I wanted to try them as they are for the time being. So I wanted to know how they work/don't work.

I will try to see if I get the f/o to operate those switches by giving direct commands, if it can help.

Thanks!

Any command that works when given directly, will also work when it's part of the script.

It's very important you use the Voxscript tool to edit the scripts.

Although you could edit directly in Notepad, it's easy to make mistakes, resulting in commands not recognised.

For instance the Voxscript tool won't allow you to type digits such as "shutdown engine 1". You'll have to write it as "shutdown engine one". Notepad won't check anything like that.

If you come across a command that doesn't pass the test when executed from the UI....

Iif it's part of the scripts we ship, please report it.

If it's a new scripted command you are adding, try a different verbiage, or check sentence for typos.

If you speak a command you think should be acceptable, and it isn't part of the stock commands, create a new one in Voxscript and type your specific sentence. Then as part of the new script, add the existing equivalent command (look it up in the manual).

Only restriction, you cannot create a voice command that is already part of the stock vocabulary.

Custom commands must differ from existing ones by at least one character.

Thanks

thank you Gerald, 

I didn't have too much time at home today so I quickly looked at the scripts with the voxscript tool.

I found some lines weren't working, for example the "vhf nav both to normal" wasn't recognized, while the vhf nav to normal triggered a correct answer but no switch operation, have to try different option on that to see if one actually sets the switch.

for the position lights, correct as per boeing labels, but probably not for mce, I found that the command "NAVIGATION lights steady" is working correctly instead.

And for the start attempts at each start switch position change I solved changing from "left engine start switch off" to "start switch one off", maybe not as beautiful but working.

I will continue as soon as I have more time, at this point I'll also edit them as per my SOPs, just tell me if you prefer only the list of commands not working or the corrected scripts directly (they wont be the same, but they are boeing and easa approved anyway ;) )

thank you Gerald, 

I didn't have too much time at home today so I quickly looked at the scripts with the voxscript tool.

I found some lines weren't working, for example the "vhf nav both to normal" wasn't recognized, while the vhf nav to normal triggered a correct answer but no switch operation, have to try different option on that to see if one actually sets the switch.

for the position lights, correct as per boeing labels, but probably not for mce, I found that the command "NAVIGATION lights steady" is working correctly instead.

And for the start attempts at each start switch position change I solved changing from "left engine start switch off" to "start switch one off", maybe not as beautiful but working.

I will continue as soon as I have more time, at this point I'll also edit them as per my SOPs, just tell me if you prefer only the list of commands not working or the corrected scripts directly (they wont be the same, but they are boeing and easa approved anyway ;) )

mainly interested in commands that should work and not performing as expected.

We support about 28+ complex aircraft to great depth, and it's hard to perform a full round of testing on each, every time the software is updated. Occasionally, a few things get broken in the process. Users vigilance will help put things back on track whenever that happens. That way, we can move forward and support more and more aircraft at no cost to our user base.

Maybe "starter" can shime in. He flies the iFly 737 a lot.

Hi Gerald,

Friday or saturday i'll send them to you.

Must change a few things because i have made them compatible with my VRInsight combo.

Regards

John Cramer

Hi,

I am new to MCE and would like to create a checklist for the Razbam Metroliner. I already have a very detailed checklist for this plane in text format and tried to convert this into MCE format.

My problem is: there seems to be no way to import this checklist as a whole (or in parts, like the pre-flight procedure for instance), or even copy and paste individual phrases from a text file. I also tried to copy the MCE folder with the JS4100 checklists and start from these files, but MCE won't even recognize these new files (yes, I unchecked "show only files associated with this plane").

I also tried to create a new script from scratch. In which directory would MCE put this file?

In another thread I have read that editing scripts with a text editor is discouraged. Is the editor inside MCE really the only way to create scripts? It appears that it would make it a rather tedious task to convert existing checklists.

Thanks,

Peter

Hello Peter,

welcome aboard.

The checklists you can find them in your main folder (e.g. D: \multicrew experience\chklists.

What i do is copy one off them to my desktop and rename it.

Then open it with notepad and now you can change the chklists to your needs and place it back.

However you must keep the " [ ] " and the "seperation line" untouched.

The advantage off making scripts inside MCE is that you can test it directly and see if the given command is correct/working.

You can find them here: start button, documents, multicrew experience, myvoicescripts, copilot and finally aircraft.

Good luck

John Cramer