Sign in to follow this  
Appliance

iFly 737 Feature Pack Released

Be easy on Ben, Mark. :biggrin:

After all he said he just installed it and his head is in another space ... concerned about his add-on liveries etc.

I'm sure he will discover lots of goodies with use as Steve Masson wants usall to do.

I was just teasing, at first glance it does indeed look pretty much the same, until you start poking around -a LOT of new stuff just under, and deep under the hood. I don't even understand (yet) some of the many new config tool options :Party:

Regards,

Mark

I was just teasing, at first glance it does indeed look pretty much the same, until you start poking around -a LOT of new stuff just under, and deep under the hood. I don't even understand (yet) some of the many new config tool options :Party:

Yep you're right. I just did a quick Newcastle-Belfast hop to see what's what and there is a lot of new stuff going on. Great to have ground power and air supplied via the FMC now, lots more FMC options, terrain on the ND and of course RNP and ANP which fly the profile nicely but need to read up on as it nearly stuffed me into the grass at Belfast! User error that one, I'm sure.

I was in a mild grump last night as the FP broke my active camera install and also messed up all the repaints. You'll probably be aware that there are lots of different textures that users have created since the 737 came out and my two favourites 'photoreal hood' and 'dirty' VC textures don't play nicely with the FP. A couple of users have reported FPS issues if you don't use the new VC textures and from my brief flight over the Irish Sea I can also say that something going on in front of me was hitting the frames hard in a way I've never seen in the iFly as it was smooth as silk before. I'm going to delete the whole iFLY package and start again with a fresh install and then install the repaints again one by one. Hopefully the original creators of the photoreal textures will upgrade them to be compatible with the new VC texture set.

Either way a bit of user effort required to get back to where you were before the FP came along but well worth it. Good work iFLY!

Apparently, the FSX FP is being released within the next 24 hours. Curious about the changes... Wonder if they made any colour corrections in the cockpit.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Although I've downloaded the feature pack I'm not going to install it. I just enjoy the 737 "as it is". But I find it very strange to release something like this with no notes about what has been changed or added. Leaving it to the user to just find out means they might miss a lot of things.

David

Although I've downloaded the feature pack I'm not going to install it. I just enjoy the 737 "as it is". But I find it very strange to release something like this with no notes about what has been changed or added. Leaving it to the user to just find out means they might miss a lot of things.

David

That's what I've been saying all along. I'm going to hold off until the third party panel textures are updated or at least FS2crew is updated.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Leaving it to the user to just find out means they might miss a lot of things.

And not installing it means they'll miss them all...

DJ

And not installing it means they'll miss them all...

DJ

As far as I'm concerned it's great now, there's no rush.

FS2020 

But I find it very strange to release something like this with no notes about what has been changed or added. Leaving it to the user to just find out means they might miss a lot of things.

I agree. The official comment is that they don't want the competitors to use the list as a "roadmap" to excellence. But to me that's kinda like building a fancy store full of goodies but then board all the windows so the competitors can't look through and see what they are selling. If the customers want to find out they'll just have to come in and feel with their hands in the dark. Most of us will not touch every thing and are not all that knowledgeable to know what we are touching. Plus the competitors are also their customers so they get to come in and "touch" too. And they are surely more knowledgeable than the 99% of us.

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

The official comment is that they don't want the competitors to use the list as a "roadmap" to excellence.

Hello

Their competitors (PMDG) hardly need a roadmap to excellence.

While I am very grateful that i-fly have gone the extra mile with this free update this whole "see if you are smart enough to spot what we updated" thing is tedious and condescending.

Until they publish a list of changes I will pass on this update.

While I agree that the cryptic approach to explaining the features of the "feature pack" is ill-considered (seems like the team got a little punchy at the end, which I've seen before with group projects), I've installed it according to the instructions at the official forum, and it appears to be pretty amazing. Converting existing repaints is just a matter of copying some texture files and aircraft.cfg entries, and the new config tool and HUD are great. FS2Crew seems to work as before. Looking forward to discovering the rest of the changes in flight.

John G.

I'd like to see some screenshots showing some of the new features and the new night lighting. It's amazing no one has posted anything of real relevance yet.

FS2020 

Dillon we're too busy flying it. :LMAO:

Funny... Great come back.

FS2020 

It's really awesome. My only complaint is the complicated messing around with textures to adjust the repaints. I wish they had given us the needed new files in a seperate folder so it would be easy to just copy them over. But a very minor grumble - this is a huge step forward and has made an already excellent product even better