Sign in to follow this  
eno94

SB or IB? 2700k or 3770k?

Hi TechguyMaxC,

I was debating about going IB + GTX680, but GTX 680 was not available and I got a very good deal with my i7-2700K and GTX580 superclocked. I am using the 30 limit/nvidia 1/2 Vsync mod and the sim is very smooth. Coming from an i7-950, it is a huge Jump for me. Beside I bought the Asus Sabertooth Z77 board. May be next year, when Intel release a better IB, I will jump ;)

You really can't go wrong building a flight sim rig with the amount of choices out there today (unless you go AMD).

@TechguyMaxC

did you chance the termal paste of your 3770k?

if you did so.. its no wonder that you can manage clock speeds like these.. if you didnt you got a very good chip..

you had both chips, hadn´t you? whichone would YOU choose (i will go for 2133 ram) in my case?

I did swap the thermal paste under the IHS and it made a tremendous difference in temps, however, my system was completely stable at 4.7GHz *before* doing this already. I'm stress-testing at 4.8GHz right now and will run through another FSXMark 11 test tonight.

@anxu

intels next big thing will be haswell.. that requires another socket though..

I look forward to Haswell also, and hope Intel doesn't pull the same stunt with artificially limiting thermal transfer to push buyers into their otherwise largely unattractive flagship platform (IMHO). If you can't offer any tangible performance difference at the platform level, perhaps you don't need multiple platforms? Of course this ruins ASPs and margins though so I don't expect them to do this.

The FSXMark11 score is 33,70,52 (Min/Max/Avg)

Impressive results!

How´s da performance in FSX?

Don´t really understand this affection with numbers, graphs, and what not.

No.1 question:

Is it fluid, no stutters, no hickups, no womitting, no... etc. etc.?