Sign in to follow this  
liamkosh

Braking problem

Hi,

When I am loading a small amount of fuel abourd the NGX (Probably 4500 lbs in left and right tank), I have a braking problem, the plane isn't stoping when I press the brake key.

And if it does brake and stop, it start moving again after a few seconds.

Help?

Regards,

Liam.

I'm assuming your at idle power, but the NGX won't stop on a dime even there. Are the brakes worn out? Or maybe your throttles are advanced and you weren't aware?

Hi there,

Guess you checked the brake temperatures, otherwise do so just in case.

About the other issue, are the engines idle? If so, this shouldnt happen unless you were on a slope :))

Stick calibration problems??? When I say stick I mean throttle ...... should check that too.

Hi,

No, my throttle didn't move forward, and still it moves while braking.

I have calibrated my stick, still happening..

I don't think its a temprature problem, because it happend in taxi before t/o and in taxi after landing.

It is common for residual idle thrust to move a light airplane. If you have 9klb of fuel, and light payload, it is normal for the plane to move on idle.

Your brakes sound to be functioning correctly if you can stop the aircraft.

To apply the parking brake, either click on the lever behind the speed brake lever, or press CTRL+PERIOD (.).

The aircraft will start rolling at idle, and this is correct (on the real thing you may need "break-away thrust" to get it rolling but thereafter.........)

Best regards,

Robin.