Sign in to follow this  
nhagag

Problems FMC and Saved Flights

Hello

1. Upon importing flightplans from FSbuild about 80% of the time FMC adds 5000-7000nm to the first waypoint (and of course error insufficient fuel). Only way to go around it is to re-enter every waypoint manually. Problem occurs 100% of the time when selecting a SID via the FMC.

2. When I open a saved flight, FMC does not load the route/flight plan. Aircraft begins to descend although CMD is on, FD is on and if I click on route on the FMC to reload the route, the Simulator crashes.

The first problem occurred pre SP1c update and I got used to adding the route manually. It is inconvenient for longer flight plans, however.

My specs are: NGX737-800 series. SP1c. Windows 7 64 bit, 12GB RAM, Nvidia 280 1GB memory, most recent driver, FSX delux /SP2

Thanks

Bill

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

Hi Bill,

Problem 1 happens in FSBuild when there are more than one waypoint with the same name, I think it chooses the first one in the waypoint database. You can limit the effects of this by adding NAVCHKDUPDIST= in the fsbuild2.cfg, in the [fsbuild] section, I have mine set to 150.

A good idea is to export your flightplan to GoogleMaps first to check its the route you want.

Thanks for the tip.

The route looks fine in Googelmaps. It is only in the FMC. It is pecular that when I enter the first waypoint manually it picks the correct distance, then it carries the 5000nm plus to the next waypoint and so on to the last waypoint in the route. Therefore, I have to enter each and every waypoint manually.

Bill

C:|mydocuments\mypictures\my signature.htm

Remember you do not have to enter every waypoint. I believe the first must be entered but after that just enter the airways on the right-hand side and the FMC will add the joining waypoint. I probably haven't explained that very well but someone will clarify it if necessary.

EDIT - I knew I had seen a post on this - it is HERE