Sign in to follow this  

Dear Avsim staff,

you may want to do some of your own investigation into this http://www.virtualpilot3d.com/index2.html and make you readers aware of what certainly looks like the next reincarnation of the Flightgear scam that we've seen over the past 18 months or so.

If there really were to be a brand new Flight Simulator covering the world in major detail with 25.000 airports and 200 aircraft included, AND FAA approved....... I am pretty sure you and me would know about it ;-)

Best regards,

Francois

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

Looks like a scam. You can clearly see that the screenshots are from FSX.

Every link i tested was feeding back the same material , no way this is legit , but i admit they were busy planting review copy all over the web.

I had asked that an email be sent to the company to allow our coverage of this to include an attempt to contact the management, i do not expect a reply.

Omg. When the video says "Photo-realistic graphics with breathtaking scenery", on the first box, they stole the video from here:

This irritates me. And I would be ###### if one of my videos were on there.

Been investigating enough to assure myself that its a scam , no official simulation website carries advertising for this product, as well as duplicated media used to promote it there are many reasons to credit the product as a scam and begin a report to that effect tonight for publishing asap .

Been investigating enough to assure myself that its a scam , no official simulation website carries advertising for this product, as well as duplicated media used to promote it there are many reasons to credit the product as a scam and begin a report to that effect tonight for publishing asap .

Agreed. Go with it Chuck. Also, it would be really great if we could find the so called "simmers" that they advertise as endorsing the product. That would be a good conversation to have too.

Simmers have already chimed in on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/VirtualPilot3Dcom-Virtual-Pilot-3D/363568603696341

They have partnered with ClickBank to help unknowing individuals part with their hard earned money:

http://www.clickbank.com/contact_us.html

Anyone up to writing a letter, I wonder if they would really care?

\Robert Hamlich/

Thanks for the collective support on battling this individual. I have also written a letter to the FAA Fraud Unit yesterday, but not being a US Citizen I may not be taken serious. Have contacted other people within the 'real' flying world too, seeing they advertise it as 'suitable' or even 'certified' for actual flying schools and FAA exams.

We now also have confrmed by various members of the communities that the images used are that of FSX and even some payware add-ons like Carenado, Orbx and Aerosoft. NONE of these have anythig to do with the freeware product that is shipped of course.

This guy is bad news for our 'industry' and needs to be stopped somehow.

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

You can easily tell a page like that is a scam, anyway. How they just keep going on "Just keep reading one second more!" "One more second of reading!" etc etc. Eugh!

What fools. Some of the shots are from X-Plane too!

I am going to track their ISP down and send them an email. Secondly, they have listed PayPal, Visa, Master Card, American Express and Discover as partners for the checkout phase yet the hyper-link takes you to ClickBank. Wonder if they would be interested in this scam.

\Robert Hamlich/

I am going to track their ISP down and send them an email. Secondly, they have listed PayPal, Visa, Master Card, American Express and Discover as partners for the checkout phase yet the hyper-link takes you to ClickBank. Wonder if they would be interested in this scam.

Okay, no need to get "hacky". Just send a message to those credit card companies and they'll take care of it...

Okay, no need to get "hacky". Just send a message to those credit card companies and they'll take care of it...

LOL, not getting hacky as I do not have the time nor the energy, nor do I wish to involve myself with them more than I have to. Sometimes an ISP will drop a client if they are involved in questionable practices.

\Robert Hamlich/