Sign in to follow this  
CptVito

B777 & Boot sequence

Hi PMDG's Team !

Think you can reproduce this long boot sequence of the 777?

Initializations screenswith loudspeakers?

I love when a plane wakes, a long wake of more than 2 minutes.

Finally think you can reproduce the flickering screens?

Thank you for your response and to illustrate my claim here is the only video found on the web. Sorry about the poor quality.

Thank you and good luck for the finalization of this great product!

Best Regards !

Kevin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnULDx6Cw2Y

I personally don't want to sit there for more than 2 minutes staring at a screen waiting for the thing to initialize.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

They could make it a realism option then for those that wouldnt want to wait the 2 minutes. But that would be cool if they modelled it, add to the realism

Adam Kaleniak

They could make it a realism option then for those that wouldnt want to wait the 2 minutes. But that would be cool if they modelled it, add to the realism

I agree. I know quite a few folks, including myself, who would just want to power it up and get going instead of having to wait.

Interested in how many people actually use Cold and Dark. Doesn't matter to much to me, the Quick set up or whatever it's called is good also. I do a full scan of the Flight Deck before doing anything anyway. I think the IRS takes about 7 Minutes or so in the 777 which isn't bad.

PMDG already has this option in the NGX, but for the IRS.

I think it's more waiting a few minutes for the electrical system and the displays, not the IRS, to initialize.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I would really want this start up sequence. My guess is that PMDG already have implemented a kind of "realistic" and "fast" start up and just laugh at this post

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

For those who do not want this long boot, know that people like me who put at least one hour to prepare the flight plan, another to prepare the aircraft (when I dedicate myself to a flight it as A to Z, total immersion.)

So for me this kind of realism is a very good point.

PLEASE PMDG ! MAKE AN OPTION FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME !

I think it would be a nice feature to have, when I am going to fly I take my time to prepare the flight plan, look at the weather, CG, TO thrust and everything.

For those who do not want this long boot, know that people like me who put at least one hour to prepare the flight plan, another to prepare the aircraft (when I dedicate myself to a flight it as A to Z, total immersion.)

So for me this kind of realism is a very good point.

PLEASE PMDG ! MAKE AN OPTION FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME !

I to do about an hour of flight prep. especially on long hauls.

My prep time is 10 minutes for long hauls and 5 for short hauls. I simply grab my route and fuel load then its off to do the cockpit preflight and I rarely do cold and dark, only if its first flight of the day.

They have accurate boot time for the NGX, I would expect no less than the 777 will start up the same as the real one does.

Long haul preparation takes 30 minutes for me, maybe longer for oceanic routes. Including many things like step climbs, fuel check points etc.

Total cockpit preparation takes close to this figure. Stored routes help making it shorter somewhat.

Would really like to have the most realistic option available.

BTW, really starting up a plane from cold and dark is possibly not used that frequently (rl pilots may give better info on that).

Something else they should simulate is a torch via a hotkey and use your mouse to aim. The amount of times I have started cold and dark for an evening flight and struggled to find buttons until everything came on....