Sign in to follow this  
CptVito

B777 & Boot sequence

Something else they should simulate is a torch via a hotkey and use your mouse to aim. The amount of times I have started cold and dark for an evening flight and struggled to find buttons until everything came on....

OOh F*** it's so true !!! Ahahahahah :P

I don't know though, Cold & Dark isn't that realistic for Pilots. I believe if the Aircraft had an overnight or just been shutdown completely the engineers set the Flight Deck up. Or if it's on a turnaround then the previous crew power it down so much and prepare things & do some resets. But yeah would be cool to do it.

Yeah I'll agree, about an hour is my pre-flight at the Gate for Long Hauls. Here's my sequence if anyone's interested:

1. Load up the Aircraft, sometimes re-park it ha

2. Set up AES

3. Do a full scan of the Flight Deck and get everything in the correct position

4. Set my Fuel & Weight

5. FMC: Load Route > Pref Int > VNAV etc. Sometimes I put my ETOPS Alternates in the FIX page right from the Gate. (Can't wait to have 4 fix pages in the 777 rather than 2 I have in the 767 ha!)

6. Set up MCP with V2 Speed, RWY HDG, Initial Altitude

7. Flight Plan the route on Squawk Box

8. Quick brief, look over the SID and sometimes STAR if I have it (mainly for Short Haul) and arm LNAV/VNAV

9. Pray FSX doesn't quit after all that so quick Save

10. Get my ATC Clearance if any online >> Set Squawk.

11. Tell AES to prepare for Pushback >> Before Start Checklist

12. Pushback Clearance and off we go!

If I downloaded the Flight Plan the FMC takes about 10/15 minutes, if I'm entering the route about 20. It's like a routine for me so I've got quicker ha.

Already in...

Cold and dark is highly unrealistic for real crews, Luke is right - that's why we included the SHORT and LONG panel states for the NGX. They simulate what pilots would normally see at the start of their flights/sectors - even if it's the first flight of the day or something, the ground crews already take care of getting the plane up and running, the air inside warmed/cooled etc before the crew gets there.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Already in...

Cold and dark is highly unrealistic for real crews, Luke is right - that's why we included the SHORT and LONG panel states for the NGX. They simulate what pilots would normally see at the start of their flights/sectors - even if it's the first flight of the day or something, the ground crews already take care of getting the plane up and running, the air inside warmed/cooled etc before the crew gets there.

What?!? Nobody told me this! LOL. So which one is more accurate, SHORT or LONG?

What?!? Nobody told me this! LOL. So which one is more accurate, SHORT or LONG?

I guess it depends, is it a quick turnaround from a domestic flight or is the flight sitting on the ground for a while in prep for a long haul turnaround. I start up from cold and dark once in awhile because its still neat to see how everything powers up and the sounds associated with it.

So what's the difference between short and long? Is it short as in short haul or the aircraft has been parked for a short period of time?

Apologies if I'm missing something I have just woken up :smile:

Rich

True cold and dark is usually only used on overnight on outstation. If you have company mechs on site, long is indeed more likely...

True cold and dark is usually only used on overnight on outstation. If you have company mechs on site, long is indeed more likely...

That or aircraft that are being stored at the hangar as a spare or waiting/wrapped up with mx. Whenever I do a ferry flight to move a spare I usually start at the hangar and cold/dark.

So what's the difference between short and long? Is it short as in short haul or the aircraft has been parked for a short period of time?

Apologies if I'm missing something I have just woken up :smile:

Rich

One of the biggest things is that the IRSes are turned off in the LONG state and will have to be realigned in the preflight.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

One of the biggest things is that the IRSes are turned off in the LONG state and will have to be realigned in the preflight.

Well that's done already in the Cold & Dark, isn't it?

Well that's done already in the Cold & Dark, isn't it?

No, When in the cold and dark state, IRS units are shut down and stationary...

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg