Sign in to follow this  
Sidney Schwartz

Instant Object Studio

I was a beta tester for Flight1's recently released Instant Object Studio. For those who think it's only capable of "basic" buildings, I'm posting these pics. The building in the top pic was made using Sketchup. The second pic is the same building made using Instant Object Studio. Factoring in that I'm much more familiar with Sketchup, I'd say the time to make each building was about the same. Don't be deceived by its ease of use....Instant Object Studio is capable of some very sophisticated work, and new features are already being worked on. For those who you who have been too intimidated by Gmax, FSDS and Sketchup, Instant Object Studio is much more accessible and well worth a look.

The above is, of course, my opinion only. I have no affiliation with Flight1.

The whole concept is completely brilliant, and there is a lot of promise there. It looks very, very good. Thanks for the comments and screenshots, Sidney.

Best regards.

Luis

I'm going to try the demo. This looks like it will be a lot of fun. Maybe as much as flying (:

Brilliant is right. The author of the program is Konstantin Kukushkin, the genius who gave us EZ-Scenery/Instant Scenery, AFX and Airport Studio. It was about a year ago that he brought up the idea that became Instant Object Studio. I just laughed and told him I didn't think creating objects within FS was even a good idea, much less that it could be done. I'm glad I was so wrong.

IOS will utilize night textures, but it is up to the person to create them.

Night textures can also be previewed in FS as you're creating the object. Textures with transparent areas are also supported. There are also lots of options for tweaking tiled textures so that they blend better, if necessary.

Bought it.

I have try to make a simple label as...ARRIVALS... and ...DEPARTURES... outside the terminal,but i could not make it.

Wish there is a more explainable manual with lots of examples

Bought it.

I have try to make a simple label as...ARRIVALS... and ...DEPARTURES... outside the terminal,but i could not make it.

Wish there is a more explainable manual with lots of examples

If I were to try, and Sidney knows what my 3D talents are..., I'd make a thin box, horizontal to the ground and apply my pre-made textures to it. Textures for both Arrivals and Departures go one one sheet and you just select the portion to display on each sign.

Using a decent image editor allows you to make the lettering look good. You can apply a smallish shadow, extrude a bit, set up an alpha background. Nothing that wouldn't take Sidney about five minutes and me about two hours...

Nothing that wouldn't take Sidney about five minutes and me about two hours...

...and me about two years!

armchairpil0t

I am doing exact as the .vid shows but when i try to IMPORT CLIPBOARD IMAGE it says : Unable to paste an image of the clipboard,the clipboard doesnt contain any image ! !

Its VERY SIMPLE I CAN SEE but something i'am doing wrong.

Any help ? ?

I am doing exact as the .vid shows but when i try to IMPORT CLIPBOARD IMAGE it says : Unable to paste an image of the clipboard,the clipboard doesnt contain any image ! !

Did you make a screenshot?

You need to make a screenshot containing the text (Alt+PrintScreen, just like they said on the forum).

Did you make a screenshot?

You need to make a screenshot containing the text (Alt+PrintScreen, just like they said on the forum).

Ahmmmmm,do,i did'nt noticed.

I am affraid i have passed the age of doing such things... :))

Will try it and cameback for sure !

Thanks