Sign in to follow this  
Guest dlrk

Customizable Electronic Checklists?

Guest dlrk

Looking in the B777 information thread, I see that the checklist's won't be customizable. Is this true(source?)? Why?

I haven't heard anything like that. Each airline has their own checklists even if they are different than the standard Boeing ones.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

The Boeing checklists are perfectly fine in my eyes!

I read it somewhere. It was an older thread about this subject. I am pretty sure that it was Ryan that said that there only will be the Boeing ones available.

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

I honestly think we've pretty much run out of things to ask... we pretty much know everything from what Ryan tells us, the conference & the NGX. I'd just like to see some more screen shots ;)

I mean look at my topic the other day about TOGA ha, did I really need a topic about it?

I really think the next thing to know is where they are in the project, I'm not sure if they would go into Beta without letting us know?

I honestly think we've pretty much run out of things to ask... we pretty much know everything from what Ryan tells us, the conference & the NGX. I'd just like to see some more screen shots ;)

I mean look at my topic the other day about TOGA ha, did I really need a topic about it?

I really think the next thing to know is where they are in the project, I'm not sure if they would go into Beta without letting us know?

There's only two more questions that are on my mind. Can we see into the cabin from an external view and will passengers be modeled?

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

^Yes, no.

Are you assuming or do you have valid confirmation.

let me reword that for you ;

on my previous experiences with PMDG ; I do believe you will be able to see inside the cabin, I do not however think that there will be modeled passengers.
I personally would leave it at that until PMDG actually gives confirmation

Unless Im missing something and you own the T7 already

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

Guys,

I did bring this up with the team, but at this point we've formally decided not to do customizable checklists in the product. There are just way too many variables involved for it to work properly and we don't want the support headache of people messing the airplane up with it, which would be possible by definition if we provided a way to custom script the checklists. I suspect most people have no idea how complex this system really is - it's not just a "dumb" list of items you check off with the mouse, the whole thing is "smart" and tied into the systems of the aircraft. Certain checklists items actually make configuration changes to the systems when they're performed and it really is just getting beyond the scope of our intent here to make the whole thing so variable.

We're going to have a very good representation of the Boeing standard checklists (both normal and abnormal/emergency) and we think most users will be just fine using this.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

There's only two more questions that are on my mind. Can we see into the cabin from an external view and will passengers be modeled?

Cabin is already modeled including individual seats and no there won't be 3D passengers modeled, way too many polys for 300+ passengers. We'd have to start removing other things if we were to do that so no...

Jason Brown - Exterior Model Engineer,

http://www.precisionmanuals.com
Posted Image

Specs: MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | Intel i7 4970K OC @ 4.6GHz | Gigabyte GTX970 G1 4GB | 16GB (2X8GB) G.Skill Trident | Corsair Air 540 White Case | Corsair AX750 750W PSU | 27" Samsung SyncMaster 275T+ | 27" Samsung S27D850 | 13" Wacom Cintiq | Windows 10 Professional x64

I did bring this up with the team, but at this point we've formally decided not to do customizable checklists in the product. ...

We're going to have a very good representation of the Boeing standard checklists (both normal and abnormal/emergency) and we think most users will be just fine using this.

Fair enough Ryan, I can see where are you coming from....

Gents-

Another issue we would have to grapple with came up in a recent conversation with Boeing....

The customized checlists in use by some airlines are owned by those airlines.

We would be required to reach out to each of them for permission, secure their permission in the form of a contract, pay whatever fee they demand, then add quite a bit of customized logic that was created for that airline by Boeing's engineers...

Then we would have a further issue because your PMDG issued checklists/normal procedures and QRH would no longer match your software... And you can't even imagine how much it would cost to provide you with each airline's customized documentation...

So while it might be fun to give you guys a scripting language- the bottom line is that we would have to dumb down the actual checklist system logic in order to allow it to interface with a custom scripting process- otherwise you'd be able to put the checklist system into configurations from which it wouldn't recover and this would have a negative impact on your ability to complete a flight effectively...

We don't like dumbing things down- as you've probably seen....

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Gents-

As long as you have "In Range Check-list" and not the "Final Landing" one :LMAO: