Sign in to follow this  
Guest dlrk

Customizable Electronic Checklists?

As long as you have "In Range Check-list" and not the "Final Landing" one :LMAO:

I see you like the FedEx version lol, AA uses descent and before landing, at least on the 737 they do.

I honestly think we've pretty much run out of things to ask

Never! I demand to know the brand of nitrogen which will be simulated inside the tires - this is a deal breaker for me! :LMAO:

Joking aside, most checklists and SOPs for airlines are very heavily based on the aircraft manufacturer's standard ones anyway, with only the odd minor bit of customisation. I know this because I've had to produce a few of them over the years for various airlines. The vast majority of the differences are restrictive ones, such as not being able to use this mode or that mode because it burns more fuel or whatever, and when they are not related to that kind of difference, then they are occasionally to do with post-9/11 security matters, and there is no way any airline is going to let you know about those for a simulated PC-based airliner that literally anyone can buy, especially when there was speculation that the 9/11 perpetrators had used the Level D 767 to practice on.

More to the point, and as mentioned by Robert, stuff like that is copyrighted and somewhat confidential and controlled too if you aren't an airline employee, so it would be a nightmare for PMDG to get waivers to use stuff like that. We should actually consider ourselves fairly lucky that Boeing are letting PMDG use the standard ones to be honest, and all credit must go to PMDG for having pulled that one off. It's not every FS developer who would have got the greenlight for that kind of thing in today's litigious world.

I can just imagine the response a developer without PMDG's credibility and reputation would elicit, when asking for that one: 'Let me get this straight, you want to compromise our security procedures to make a toy aeroplane?'

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

For those of us who fly with Virtual Airlines (Live deltava.org) it would be nice to have the checklist remind me to start my flight via ACARS. lol. 

I can't tell you how often I get so deep into the aircraft and take off, forgetting to start ACARS. ;)

Dave

Great to have the "non-normals in".

Doing without customizable ECL will most probably accelerate release of my upcoming PMDG Airbus 350 by some 3 years and more!   :lol:

(That's the X-Plane 256bit version, of course. :ph34r:)