Sign in to follow this  
kmanning

Is it Possible to use Headphones in Multiplayer?

Hi all,

I was wondering if it's possible to use headphones when flying FS multiplayer sessions to communicate. My brother and I fly in multiplayer on weekends. My computer is downstairs and he is upstairs. We now use radios to communicate with each other but we thought it would be much more realistic to use headphones with mics and being able to communicate through our headphones instead of using our radios. This way, we won't have to replace the batteries every 3 weeks or so. If this is possible, how would we go about setting up the computer to key up the mic, maybe pressing a key on the keyboard, so that one can communicate with the other? Is there software that will allow us to do this? We do have a router and we both are running Windows 7.

Kenneth Manning

Flight supports voice comms. You can simply press the Tab key while talking to broadcast to all players. You can also talk semi-privately by tuning your cockpit radios to the same frequency and pressing Control-Tab.

Hi Ken. Like RoboRay said, Flight already has voice comms built into the sim.

AzureWX has a post that pretty much describes how to set it up.

Read Here: http://forum.avsim.n...367004-headset/

There are 3 slider settings in the voice setting panel. Set these to:

Activation threshold to minimum,

playback and record to maximum.

Hope this works for you.

Jerry

Hi,

What about FS9 and FSX? I'm not using Microsoft Flight. My brother and I tried it out and we still cannot hear voice communications. We have the mics connected to our computers. Do we also need to connect the headphone speaker jack? I assume this will cut off the computer speakers. The setup we want is for the flight simulator audio sounds and voice communications to come out through the computer speakers, but it's okay if the voice comes out through the headphone speakers. The main thing is that we want to also hear the FS audio sounds come out through the computer speakers, not the headphones. When we connect our headphone mics, should we use the mic input or the line-in input on the back of the computer?

Ken.

What about FS9 and FSX? I'm not using Microsoft Flight.

No idea, really. Never used them much, or did any multiplayer in FS9/FSX. You'll probably get better info in their forums.