Sign in to follow this  
denver69

Cart system broken at PMDG

I am trying to download all my products again. 747,MD11 and 600-900. Everytime I hit checkout it says my cart is empty when it is not. I filled out a ticket but it says it wont go through because I did not select YES-I have bought exte3nded download service because it wont let me buy it. Catch22 here I am hoping to get resolved.

I was finally able to make it work my using it logged off and then having to reinput my data in the logon after clocking checkout. Then it was all about seeing multiple products I erase in there showing up in the purchass screen. The only way to make that work was to close the browser and go back to the site to get the clear cart popup.

Very buggy

I was finally able to make it work my using it logged off and then having to reinput my data in the logon after clocking checkout. Then it was all about seeing multiple products I erase in there showing up in the purchass screen. The only way to make that work was to close the browser and go back to the site to get the clear cart popup.

Very buggy

Where you using Internet explorer? It always seems to be causing problems on almost every site I keep up to date with.

Same thing just happened to me, just had to re-install everything due to a hdd failure and now I cant buy the extended download service, keeps saying cart empty, any help? On Chrome not IE

We've got a ticket submitted with the cart software company about this - sounds like something may actually be up.

If you have issues, I would try first clearing your cache and cookies and then alternately trying a different browser.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Marc-

Thank you for the "heads up." Our vendor found the problem and reports that it has been resolved.

We have moved between a few different servers over the past couple of weeks as we start bringing infrastructure online to handle the 777 release... When moving the web server there was apparently something that got out of sync and needed to be updated.

Let us know if you have any further troubles- but seriously: Thanks for saying something!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Marc-

Thank you for the "heads up." Our vendor found the problem and reports that it has been resolved.

We have moved between a few different servers over the past couple of weeks as we start bringing infrastructure online to handle the 777 release... When moving the web server there was apparently something that got out of sync and needed to be updated.

Let us know if you have any further troubles- but seriously: Thanks for saying something!

This sounds promising!

Marc-

Hmmmmmmm...

777 release in the works????

Nope. Not working for me. I spent half an hour on this Thursday and another 20 minutes yesterday (Friday May 31). I just checked again - still got "You have nothing in your cart."

But I've gotten lots of other errors in my odyssey. Here's the sequence I went through yesterday:

0. On Thursday, could not get the right items into my cart. I filed a trouble ticket. I got an email suggesting clearing my cache, etc. So I did that; I also tried Firefox instead of Chrome. (I'm on a Mac - no Explorer)

Friday:

1) I WAS able to get all 3 items into my cart, and go to checkout.

2) I got a "transaction refused" message. I suspect that means credit card failed. It's a newly issued card on an old account, but someone else in my family was able to use it previously.

3) I tried cutting my cart down to 1 item, in hopes that might solve the problem. The original order was for $205; maybe that is too big? The cart went down to 1 item. However when I went to check out all 3 items were back in the cart.

4) I quit my browser and restarted. I loaded your site, and was asked if I wanted to restore an old shopping cart. I selected the most recent shopping cart for loading - big mistake! It had 3 items in it.

5) Repeat step 3: could not cut the shopping cart to 1 item.

6) Quit the browser again, this time started from an empty cart. Put one item in the cart.

7) Go to checkout. Get a message "your cart is empty."

I responded to the email from PMDG, sending this list, including a video of step 6 and 7 repeated twice. No response so far today, but the day is young.

8) Today: Repeated steps 6 and 7 in Chrome. Same result

9) Loaded Firefox. Repeated step 3. Same result: I could not cut the order down to 1 item.

I've spent about an hour on this, total. Is there any other method for ordering your products? I can't make a medium-sized order ($200) or a small order ($25). Maybe I should try a big order?

(Sorry, I'm getting frustrated here.)

There are a few more things I can try, like setting up an entirely new account, with a new credit card. I'll try that tonight or tomorrow. At this point I feel like I should get half off the darned stuff - if I ever succeed!

Anyway, if anyone else is having trouble too, my advice is: post a note here, then do something else for a few days.

Roger Bohn

Try clearing cookies and cache, then do not log in to pmdg, select your product and go to checkout, it will then bring up a new log in screen for the checkout, do not log in at the top but in the middle of the web broswer - should work fine