Sign in to follow this  
boeing247

FSRecorder causes CTD

FSRecorder keeps causing a fatal error with FSX, but in a strange way. It works fine for a while, but after a set number of uses (I'm not sure exactly what it is, as it depends on what features I use, but typically after I've recorded twice), I'll click on the FSRecorder option in the menu bar, and FSX freezes, then crashes. This has happened with every version I've installed. Is this a common problem? And is there a fix?

Thanks,

boeing247

Guest firehawk44

Not a common problem. Most likely you are running out of memory. If appropriate, change your virtual memory (page file) setting to 'System Managed Size' as FSX seems to like that setting better than a manual setting. Might have to turn down some of the sliders if that doesn't fix the problem. Did you follow the instructions at the following link - http://www.fs-recorder.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=357?

Best regards,

Jim

It wasn't a memory problem. I opened task manager, played a recorded flight, recorded a flight, and went to play another flight. When I tried to play the second flight, FSX crashed, and task manager showed that my memory had stayed level.

And I've gone through that list and found no problems.

Guest firehawk44

I have no further suggestions then. Hope you can find a fix.

Best regards,

Jim

Does anybody else have any ideas?

Could the fact that I'm running Windows 7 64-bit cause a problem?

Did you ever get it figured out? Mine will crash after the exit from the 2nd instant replay. While it is building in textures after the fact back at the origional point of flight end. It used to give me the loading bar but now it just builds in textures live. RCVCR.dll is the fault module.

No, I never fixed it. I did find someone else with the problem on another forum, but they had no solution.

Ran into this problem this morning with the 707 from Capatain Sim and I`m fairly competent with FSRecorder......It`s definately not a memeory problem as I use FSRecorder all the time for my videos with much more complex scenery and add-ons...seems the Captain Sim 707 doesn`t like FSRecorder.....it`s a real painn as I need it for the video I`m working on :(

I`ll do some troubleshooting today and if I find a solution I`ll report back.

Will also post on the FSrecorder forum. Yesterday I shot a scene with four aircraft over very intensive scenery and not a glitch in sight...it must be something to do with the aircraft.

Boeing 247: "It works fine for a while, but after a set number of uses (I'm not sure exactly what it is, as it depends on what features I use, but typically after I've recorded twice), I'll click on the FSRecorder option in the menu bar, and FSX freezes, then crashes".

This is the symptom of one of the most common FSX errors when using Windows 7, causing it to hang after a period of time, with the sound continuing.

As the CaptainSim member pointed out - it is the UIAtomationCore.dll which is at the root of the issue, but the first part of the thread (gkair's post) suggests replacing the Windows 7 system versions. DO NOT DO THIS - you will mess up any application which depends upon that version. All that is necessary to stop FSX freezing is to put this version - 6.0.5840.16386 in the FSX root folder. That's it. Nothing else is needed, and you don't have to go messing around with the Windows 7 operating system folders.

The UIAutomationCore.dll is an API (Application Programming Interface) and is part of the communication system between the operating system and an application: in this case between Windows 7 - 64 and FSX. Unfortunately, at the time wWindows 7 came out - FSX was "End of Life" and so this API was not tested with FSX - and it does cause a number of issues - certainly freezing and black screens. The answer to this is to use the Vista version, placing it into the root folder of FSX.

You can get that version here - click (or copy/paste) this link into your browser:-

https://dl.dropbox.c...in_fsx_root.dll (DropBox sometimes doesn't work)

Download it, and rename it as "UIAtomationCore.dll" You can Rt-Click on it, and check the "Properties"

The version number should be 6.0.5840.16386. This is the Vista 32-bit version, and works well with FSX.

Place it into the root folder of FSX. DON'T put it anywhere else - and don't register it, OK?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thanks Paul,

I`m well aware of how to use this fix and what it does after running FSX on Laptops and older machines and was surprised that this is the first time I have had to use it on my new rig after 6 months of use. Seems it does something to help out with the CS707 and FSRecorder Alpha version I`m using anyway.

The first time I used this fix a few years I made the mistake of deleting my other version in the system files LOL won`t meke that mistake again my friend.

Cheers

Yeah - bummer! :LMAO: It has no interface to hardware that I'm aware of, Doog, but what it does do is count keystrokes, particularly the FSX Menu Bar keystrokes......

From that thread quoted above - I cannot believe that a Microsoft tech would suggest pulling the current version of an app and replacing it with an older version! To my knowledge it's still not been corrected with a patch, 'cos we still have two or three a month with this same freezing problem. (and I'm also a "just in case" and "never again" person too!)

ATB

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I am getting Fatal Errors when i start my FSX with FSRecorder installed. Its really annoying as i make FSX Videos for people who want a promotional video. Im also having this problem with EZdok ever since i had a virus but even then i re-installed FSX. Im gonna see if i uninstall it and delete FSX from registry and see if that works. Anyone ideas why?

I am getting Fatal Errors when i start my FSX with FSRecorder installed. Its really annoying as i make FSX Videos for people who want a promotional video. Im also having this problem with EZdok ever since i had a virus but even then i re-installed FSX. Im gonna see if i uninstall it and delete FSX from registry and see if that works. Anyone ideas why?

I started getting this problem again quite often even when applying the uiautomacore fix. How I solved it was to remove enb series mod from the FSX directory. If you are running enb try removing it, I can now be in and out the menus all day without a single crash.

Cheers Doogie

Yes, if anybody is having an unexplained CTD and has the ENB Series mod installed, remove it as the ENB mod crashes most computer systems, especially FSX users. Someone might find a workable version for FSX but eventually it will crash FSX.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10