Sign in to follow this  
Fatback

no airport buildings at KSFO or KLAX

the buildings have gone at KSFO and KLAX. I installed Rex Overdrive (not the newly released version) but don't see how that could make a difference. Both airports are fsdreamteam, but I'm thinking it's more of a general problem. There dosn't seem to be anything above the airports in the scenery list that could affect them, just Orbx stuff. Has anyone experienced this?

I hope this isn't what I think it is...

When you are inside FSX do you have an Add-ons menu selection? Hit Alternate if running full screen to bring up the menu bar. If you have the Add-ons menu choice are there two entries for Addon Manager and Couatl-powered products?

yes, both thoses entries are there. Now I'm worried lol. What are you afraid it is?

If both of those enteried are there inside FSX then your ok. I had it happenen to me a few times and in my case what had happened was after exiting FSX Couatl never shut down, so when I launched FSX the next with Couatl still running none of the buildings showed up at FSDT airports.

So, do this with FSX shut down. Hit ctrl-alt-delete and see if Couatl is running in the process list. If it is then just click on it and shut it down manually and then restart FSX and see if your buidings are back.

If they aren't then visit the FSDT forum and see what Umberto suggests since he's the expert on his products.

On a side note I alwas check my process manager now before I start FSX just to make sure Couatl is not still running from last session.

You could always go to the FSDT site and download the latest Addon Manager and install it to make sure your up to date.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I've checked and Couatl is not running. I downloaded the latest version and am still having the problem. I have no buildings at KSFO either and that is Flightbeam.

KSFO uses the same engine, without it neither will work. Try posting at the FSDT forums. I'm battling a problem of my own with couatl as well.

- Aaron

thx slait. They were different airports so I didn't think it could be an addon issue but checked with their forums and found the fix. Uninstall and reinstall the addon manager and everything is fine now.

the buildings have gone at KSFO and KLAX. I installed Rex Overdrive (not the newly released version) but don't see how that could make a difference.

If you installed an old version of REX, it's possible that was exactly the cause, there was a release that caused issues with the EXE.XML, which is what loads Couatl.exe too, have a look here:

http://forum.avsim.n...exexml-for-ut2/

By reinstalling the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, your EXE.XML was then corrected.

Umberto, thanks for the clarification, and you're absoulutely right, that is what happened. BTW, while I was getting the addon manager from your website I picked up GSX. Great product!!! Thanks again...

I hope this isn't what I think it is...

I know I'm quoting myself, but it appears it was what I thought it was. My earlier comments are in the linked thread.

I've been holding off installing a product I purchased six months ago until the updated version was released. I'll be sure and back up my FSX specific files, for fear of their being overwritten...