Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

CS777 Now this looks promising!

Wow! I hope PMDG has a response here sooner or later. I love the competition! :spiteful:

Wow, CS is taking it up a notch. I'll be interested to see if they cover the entire globe with their EFB. Thanks for the head's up Tom.

\Robert Hamlich/

Presumably you can load any chart you like into it, since it says it can load TIFFS, JPEGS, PNGs, BMPs, GIFs etc. Be nice to have those working in the VC, although I'm pretty sure that jumps to a 2D panel from the initial pan down in the VC.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Looks cool, but surely from a practical use point of view, something like fs kneeboard on an iPad makes more sense?

Looks cool, but surely from a practical use point of view, something like fs kneeboard on an iPad makes more sense?

Of course, but then you would have to buy an IPAD for several hundred dollars. The CS EFB comes with the plane.

Nice, glad to see them going forward with this ;)

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Of course, but then you would have to buy an IPAD for several hundred dollars. The CS EFB comes with the plane.

Agreed, but lots of people have one these days, or netbook, or laptop, or second monitor etc.

I do think it's neat, but I doubt it's practicality.

Dang it!! Black coffee..... If they don't serve cappuccino on this plane i'm not buying.

( the external model is THE most impressive and beautiful jetliner model i have ever seen in FS )

Jan

Agreed, but lots of people have one these days, or netbook, or laptop, or second monitor etc.

I do think it's neat, but I doubt it's practicality.

It's more prototypical to have it right in the VC! If CS uses the same type of gauges they did with the 757/767, you can probably click on it to expand a 2D panel for more visibility. Or you can create a zoomed view to access it in the VC. using either EZDOK or a defined alternate view within FSX. I wouldn't be surprised if CS has one setup like the one in this video on release.

Edit: Has anyone noticed the external camera view of the wings and engines towards the end of the video at around 1:21 into it? It's hard to tell if this is right from the sim or a static photo to simulate the function though.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Looks to me like the static camera view is the picture you get in the VC, and the working EFB is a 2D panel. Notice that at the start of the preview, it pans down to the EFB from the window view, but there's an edit to a different shot before it starts actually being used, that suggests it's a 2D panel to me, with just an eye candy dummy of it in the VC, although since it is a beta, that may change, but I doubt it. Getting scanned images to appear on a gauge on the fly in a VC would be tricky to pull off, so I'd imagine it is a 2D pop up, although you never know of course, CS are no slouches at innovation on occasion - they pulled off CS Weapon and that WX Radar.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Edit: Has anyone noticed the external camera view of the wings and engines towards the end of the video at around 1:21 into it? It's hard to tell if this is right from the sim or a static photo to simulate the function though.

Static picture. If you fast forward to the end of the video, you'll see the plane is just sitting on the runway. It would've been seriously cool to see that implemented though...

Edit: Ahh Al bet me to it...