Sign in to follow this  
ACA034137

CS777 EFB video

I know it won't be as good as the PMDG bird, but CS has released a preview video of their 777's EFB....

Nothing breeds a good product like good competition!

I wonder what PMDG has to say about this...

My thoughts:

Captain Sim have done a good job, but it wont come close to PMDG. Don't call me a a really excited user etc, I followed that project since the exterior model but stopped prior to the PMDG Screen's. Massively due to the fact of their extremely poor customer service & lack of connection with their customer.

It's a great exterior from what I've seen but the VC just disappointed me. Even though I'm all for PMDG I was very interested on what CS would do. Now I'm 100% sure I will not be buying.

Sorry but, pause the video at 1:28/29 and you can see the PFD, ND, yoke and few other things. It's a good attempt but it's got nothing on PMDG's. Look at the ND! Looks awful in my eyes. Then look at what you can see of the MCP, looks 2-Dish to me.

Not meaning to sound harsh, just my thoughts.

Also if you're thinking "Wow this could be as good!".. go look at the PMDG screen's ;)

Of course the ND looks like crap, it's.... not finished. It doesn't have anything in there, actually.

Give it time and comment when it's done.

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

W.I.P guys !

Finally, in all cases ... PMDG or anything else!

Definitely not getting it but I feel like this will change PMDG's stance on charts and stuff in the EFB.

How can you guys criticize a product that is not complete and still in development? Right now according to their website they seem to have completed the model and exterior work but all of the systems and VC work is still in progress.

They're called previews.

Yes but I follow this one rule that I learned in art class a few years ago, don't critique or complement a piece of art until the artist tells you its finished.

Yes but I follow this one rule that I learned in art class a few years ago, don't critique or complement a piece of art until the artist tells you its finished.

Okay, so I'm not allowed to say "Great job, PMDG!" on their previews of the 777's exterior?

Okay, so I'm not allowed to say "Great job, PMDG!" on their previews of the 777's exterior?

I'm not saying you're not allowed to but it would be premature to compliment anything that is not complete, a rule of thumb that I learned from that class and life in general. I saw previews for many things in and out of FS that looked very promising but it turned out disappointing. I'm not saying that the PMDG 777 will be bad or good based on the previews, just speaking generally.

How can you guys criticize a product that is not complete and still in development?

Exactly!

I'm pretty positive that whatever PMDG makes will be far superior to any other developer, but we can't go around and start bashing developers about something that is not even released yet.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

I think it's a nice attemp, although as you can see at 1:22 ff e.g. the outside cameras are just static pictures; I like the coffee, though ;)

But I think nobody can compete with PMDG. Sry, not even FSLabs with their A320, but that's off-topic...

Definitely not getting it but I feel like this will change PMDG's stance on charts and stuff in the EFB.

Didn't PMDG already state they would be including an EFB, but it was the updating of charts that would be left to a third-party service?