Sign in to follow this  
Midcon113

Recommendations for FSX Classic 747-200/300

NikkiA - that was my impression too. It works fine, but misses the point, though that's not the fault of the person who put the package together - they were just doing the best they could given the lack of a suitable replacement for RFP.

Well, the search goes on! Maybe someday we'll see something on the same level as RFP for FSX.

Thanks!

Mark

Mark Lam

Nikkia, you are right, ... and so am I. The RFP for FSX uses the VC and the 2D panels from the original for FS9. However, the subpanels are dafault B737 pañels..

Since I do not like that either, I have uninstalled the FSX RFP and I have copied the FS9 RFP folders (except for most liveries since I do not care having so many) in the appropiate places of FSX. Now I have a RFP that works in FSX inclusive of subpanels. The only probrem I have noticed so far is that whenever I load the plane, I get a warning that 2 indicators were designed for FS98, and are not compatible.

This seems to have no effect on the aircraft, although it is certainly an inconvenience. I shall try and find compatible replacements form other airplanes, I found this same prblrm brfotr when copying F9 panels into FSX.

Regards

Eserice,

Any update on how this worked out for you? Also, just to confirm, are you using FSX SP2?

Thanks!

Mark

Mark Lam

Mark, sorry for the late answer.

I have found two problems:

1), When I change from VC to 2D view, the fuel tanks empty at a very fast pace, so I find myself with empty tanks in about 1 minute. I do not know how to solve this problem, being a computer illiterate. Probably a FS98 indicator issue, be cause when changing the view, I get the FS98 incompatible indicator warning. So I have to fly in VC view,.

2) The INS does not work, probably because one of the FS98 incompatible indicators. I solved this by installing the CIVA INS.

Regards

Hi Eserice,

That's what I had heard - the fuel burn problem at least. Glad to know the CIVA INS fixed that particular problem.

Thanks for the input!

Mark

Mark Lam