Sign in to follow this  
corei7

Sun light reflection on the sea, please help

Hello guys,

please someone tells me how to control the sun light scattering on the otherside of the sea facing the sun, please see the two images, I remember Word Not Allowed asked this question in a thread but no body answered,

Please guys, I am almost done from the new shader modification to make FSX as REAL AS It Gets...

529201231238am.jpg

Here is the problem, see the sun light scattters on the waves

529201231307am.jpg

The scattering light looks augly, please help me to minimize it or remove it at all

How you can call that ugly, I have no idea! Anyhow, you have the REX "sparkling" water textures installed. Change it to something else and it will be gone.

Kind regards,

Hello spiritFlyer

sorry for my discription, I meant to say I changed something in the shaders folder of fsx and I got that scattering light,

I will try your suggestion,

Hello

I tried your suggestion, not working, but thank you for your reply reallly

Do you use FS Water Configurator? This might help.

First - you mention the new shader mod, I presume you're talking about Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod. It looks like you're using REX water textures, some of them look ok under Shader3, some don't. You'll need to pick and choose. If you are using Shader3, do not use FS Water Configurator - it only works with Shader2 effects. Finally, the reflection off the waves is controlled by a combination of the chosen water texture and the values defined in the waterconstants.xml file in your FSX directory. There are 3 entries in that file which you can tinker with to get good results - <Shader20>, <Elevation>MID</Elevation> and <Elevation>HIGH</Elevation>. Under those entries you can adjust the values for the Fresnal Factor, Specular power, boost and blend, and the WaveBumpUVScale - all of which will have an effect. Only make small changes, but the results can be quite dramatic. If you're interested in exploring this, let me know and I'll send you the settings I use. Oh! Also, do you use an nVidia card or an ATi one? They render water differently.

Cheers,

Derek

First - you mention the new shader mod, I presume you're talking about Bojote's Shader 3.0 mod. It looks like you're using REX water textures, some of them look ok under Shader3, some don't. You'll need to pick and choose. If you are using Shader3, do not use FS Water Configurator - it only works with Shader2 effects. Finally, the reflection off the waves is controlled by a combination of the chosen water texture and the values defined in the waterconstants.xml file in your FSX directory. There are 3 entries in that file which you can tinker with to get good results - <Shader20>, <Elevation>MID</Elevation> and <Elevation>HIGH</Elevation>. Under those entries you can adjust the values for the Fresnal Factor, Specular power, boost and blend, and the WaveBumpUVScale - all of which will have an effect. Only make small changes, but the results can be quite dramatic. If you're interested in exploring this, let me know and I'll send you the settings I use. Oh! Also, do you use an nVidia card or an ATi one? They render water differently.

Cheers,

Derek

Hi Sir, Thankv you for your reply,

I tried both the default Shader of FSX and Bojote's SM3, in both cases I notice this kind of reflection, I do flush my shaders to recompile them and se the effect,

I will try playing with waterconstatns.xml file and report back,

I am having ATI 7970 3GB Card, I play locked at 30 fps with all sliders of the scenery are maxed out.

I like this tweak "smallpartrejectradius=16

it gives me a big boost specially on ORBX airports, I don't know why

Hi Sir, Thankv you for your reply,

I tried both the default Shader of FSX and Bojote's SM3, in both cases I notice this kind of reflection, I do flush my shaders to recompile them and se the effect,

I will try playing with waterconstatns.xml file and report back,

I am having ATI 7970 3GB Card, I play locked at 30 fps with all sliders of the scenery are maxed out.

I like this tweak "smallpartrejectradius=16

it gives me a big boost specially on ORBX airports, I don't know why

No worries mate. I use ATi cards too and have good results. You can see many of my screenshots on the ORBX or REX forums. I'd change that SmallPartsRejectRadius value, 16 is a bit excessive. You're getting better performance because FSX is not rendering anything less than 16 pixels in size... SPRR is ok up to about 4, then it begins to detract from your image.

Cheers,

Derek

Do you use FS Water Configurator? This might help.

+1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

No worries mate. I use ATi cards too and have good results. You can see many of my screenshots on the ORBX or REX forums. I'd change that SmallPartsRejectRadius value, 16 is a bit excessive. You're getting better performance because FSX is not rendering anything less than 16 pixels in size... SPRR is ok up to about 4, then it begins to detract from your image.

Cheers,

Derek

Thanks lot for the reply man

will check it out

I had this. Used this waterconstant from somebody else and now it's awesome:

https://dl.dropbox.c...erConstants.Xml

edit: it's for use with the SM3.0 mod

That works very well, I tried it, it just needs a a bit more tweaking to eliminate the scattered sunlight,

I really hope all of you making tweaks to the WaterConstants.xml are backing that baby up! ;)

Oh crap... I knew I forgot to add something to my earlier post Tim :Doh:

But that should be the tweaker's mantra... "Thou shalt always backup before tweaking... thou shalt always backup before tweaking"

Cheers,

Derek