Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

REX Essential

This question is manly addressed to Al(Chock) or CoolP as it's relevant to UK subscribers of PC Pilot.

PC Pilot current issue, inside front cover, big ad for REX Essential in bold bright letters FREE update for all REX/FSX Customers. Which update,when? Because from what I've been able to discern so far, folks last day or so are actually purchasing this Essentials release. So, having made the purchase when they had offered it at 50% off a little while back, but not having installed it due to lack of hard drive space, does it mean that I have to buy a totally brand new REX product called Essentials, or is that previous purchase updateable through that free update their banner ad and their site proclaims?

I'm slightly confused. Any pointers, appreciated.

It should be free. If you bought it from FlightSim Shop, go to your account and the new download link should have been update for Essentials.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

It's free. You can get a new installer from Flight Sim shop or you can download the updates from the REX forums. They don't have a update for REX 2.0 + overdrive as of yet though.

@Paradox & @Taylor

Right, have just been to my FlightSim Store account, and they are showing REX Essential in my order history, a 4.25Gb download. Is that the link which is the free update that I download from?

Yup, if you have bought it from Flight Sim Store, which is where I bought my copy of REX from back in 2009, then you will have a link in your store account which will say: 'REX - Real Environment Xtreme Essential 4.25Gb' - that's it. D/L took about an hour from there yesterday on DSL.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Thank you very much,Al, and others too. Very much appreciated. So that ad was spot-on after all.

Now, all I have to do is.........e'rm.m.....find some hard drive space,.......or can it run from another drive where FSX is not installed?

Thank you very much,Al, and others too. Very much appreciated. So that ad was spot-on after all.

Now, all I have to do is.........e'rm.m.....find some hard drive space,.......or can it run from another drive where FSX is not installed?

Yes Rick, it can do that just fine ;)

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Thank you so much for your response,Tim. Just the information I was hoping to get. Now to catch up with what a lot of others already had and are enjoying. Summer's looking good!

Excellent! Have fun Rick :)

Where have I been all this time? I'd heard of REX, I'd seen some great screenshots of REX in usage. But today, thanks to you, Tim, assuaging me that it was okay to install it in another drive, all I can is wow and thank you. Adds so much to FSX.

So will the REX 2 + overdrive update also be available as a download link from FSS when it becomes available?

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

I mainly use the WX Textures - will the extra textures in Overdrive be included in the WX selection algorithm or are they just for user selection?

Thanks.

It is everything I hoped for, and far more than I anticipated it would be, and believe me, my expectations were very high. First class product.