Sign in to follow this  
Joachim

Insect plagues on my scenery? :D strange ground textures

Hello there,

I am having problems with my ground textures and can't find out what is causing this. This also happens on a fresh installation of FSX.

The problem remains if all scenery is disabled (the few I added).

I have only found one thread on the Internet with someone having this problem but unfortunately no solution.

I have posted this topic in German already on another forum (see link below), but I have not been able to solve it yet, despite the many kind replies:

Liink to Post with many screenshots:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/54957-insektenplage-auf-meine-szenerie-d-komische-bodentexturen/

If I do find a solution, I will post it here and keep both threads up to date.

Thanks for all and any help,

Joe

Joachim (Joe)

That is normal. It's just how FSX tries to blend two different types of textures/landclass together.

I think it is normal to some extent but it's really bad, I've never come across this since playing FS.

Please see this image:

http://forum.aerosof...attach_id=28958

and

http://forum.aerosof...attach_id=28959

That's definitely not normal. I got sand textures on runways that are suppose to be concrete and grass, based on the location.

Problem is not area specific; anywhere and randomly.

Joachim (Joe)

i can practically guarantee that it is normal. Give me the locations of those airports and I will go there and report back how it looks on my end.

Here you go, I saw in your German thread "EDJA", so I went there. This is perfectly normal FSX behavior - it may not look pretty, but it's just how default FSX works:

2012-5-28_21-53-18-679.jpg

Hi molleh,

Thanks for making a screenshot. That looks like it does on my simulator.

Maybe you're right and it's normal but when you look at Raymond's post (euf2000), the post with the many set of pictures, EDJA looks much better.

I have also had better results, can't remember when but I took this picture some time ago. This picture is how it should look:

EDJA%20Swiss%20RJ100.jpg

And now it looks like this:

EDJA%20Swiss%20RJ100%20-%20wth%20strange%20ground%20textures.jpg

Notice how the airport is very sandy, also around the runways on the left of the image, while in the first image (how it should be), it's grass only.

@molleh do you have any scenery add-ons installed?

I do have add-on scenery at EDJA but it has no effect if I disable it or enable it. Default FS scenery looks the same here, in regards to the marks.

I have also disabled all scenery and checked a different fresh install of FSX if it solved the problem, same thing (see below)

EDJA%20Default.jpg

Interesting top down view, showing half green / half sand land on this airport and the patchy area (little squares) where the green scatterers onto the green.

EDJA%20top%20down%20view.jpg

The way it looks on Raymond's shots, is how it should look and confirms that it's displayed incorrectly on my sim. We both have the same scenery for EDJA.

Joe

Joachim (Joe)

Seems like you installed Real Flora & Fauna X

Is that an add-on or a joke? :D no I did not install that.

Joachim (Joe)

Try turning down the "Texture resolution" on the "Scenery" tab of the display settings.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Try turning down the "Texture resolution" on the "Scenery" tab of the display settings.

regards,

Joe

Hi Joe,

haha from Joe 2 Joe ;-)

This makes the blotches look less sharp but still the same.

Thanks

Joe

Joachim (Joe)

@molleh do you have any OrbX sceneries, if yes which region do you have activated?

Joachim (Joe)

@molleh do you have any OrbX sceneries, if yes which region do you have activated?

I did not have any add on sceneries installed when I took that screen shot.

I swear it's normal FSX behavior. The other screenshot another user posted probably has some type of addon scenery with a different airport polygon, or maybe was taken during a different season? Who knows. The point is, I can fly around 100 different airports in FSX and I can show you screenshots with the exact same texture effect over and over.

Thanks molleh,

I believe you, after doing more testing, I am getting the same results and see that with a fresh FSX install, this is actually how it looks at EDJA. The thing that was confusing me, is that if I have an FTX region activated, it changes some of the groud textures and this makes EDJA look different, only green, I thought this is what it was suppose to look like and even though this is not in the activated region.

And as far as the little bugs and pixel squares that sometimes appear, I saw that on the fresh install too, so I guess this particular issue has nothing to do with add-ons but is just the way FSX shows the ground sometimes.

Thanks for testing molleh.

Joe

Joachim (Joe)