Sign in to follow this  
HoratioWondersocks

Not really flightsim ,but help from tech person needed.

Hello

I run a BOINC program for SETI HOME,and I cant stop it running at startup.I have selected the option in the program to not run at startup (it still does) ,I have tried disabling it in MSCONFIG (it still runs at startup) I have tried disabling it in the startup

options in Ccleaner (It still starts automatically at startup) Now I am as keen as the next man to be the first to discover the signal from an advanced alien intelligence BUT!! I still don't want the program to run at startup.

Any help please simmers or alien hunters .

I know this is not simmiing ,and I risk being shot at dawn ,but i am getting a bit obsessed with SETI starting up auto style ,when I want manual.

Andy

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Hello

Is it sitting in your startup folder , or even running as a service ?

Hello

No not in startup folder (i used to have it in there ) and I can't find it in services either.

Am currently looking at this problem having googled it.

cheers Andy

run->msconfig

untick it.

Thanks Johan

If you see my original post ,you will see that I have already done that, and it still starts (funnily it has just started up as I type this ) its a very conscientious alien hunter .

cheers Andy

Andy,

Hopefully you feel comfy with regedit. Go in and do a find in the "Local Machine" or "Local User" for the name of your software first. If not successful, search for terms such as "startup, runonce, and run". Warning, you will get many many hits especially with "run", but you might find the culprit hidden away. This is how malware typically hides itself, although I know this is not malware.

You may also want to email the SETI project and ask them, or better yet, google how to remove.

Good Luck.

Hoping For CAVU --- Chris

Andy,

Hopefully you feel comfy with regedit. Go in and do a find in the "Local Machine" or "Local User" for the name of your software first. If not successful, search for terms such as "startup, runonce, and run". Warning, you will get many many hits especially with "run", but you might find the culprit hidden away. This is how malware typically hides itself, although I know this is not malware.

You may also want to email the SETI project and ask them, or better yet, google how to remove.

Good Luck.

Thanks for your reply.

I have actually posted my orig query on the seti-home website and hope to get an answer from there .I t does seem as though it is something to do with the latest BOINC client software 7....something .

I think i will leave it at that for the moment.

cheers to you.

Andy